It's Week 13 of fall semester and that brings Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 22-26! Classes will not meet on Wednesday and University offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 23-24. Safe travels for all those returning home for the holiday. For the Bobcats staying on campus, there are plenty of activities and even a Thanksgiving dinner for CHSP international students. And as you prepare to leave campus, remember that a living legend will speak in Mem. Aud. on Tuesday! Interested? Read on:
2017 International Student Thanksgiving Dinner (Tuesday, Nov. 21, 6 p.m., Atrium Cafe, Grover Center): The College of Health Sciences and Professions is hosting their annual Thanksgiving Dinner for the college's international students, their families and friends in the Grover Center Atrium. Students will experience a delicious, traditional Thanksgiving Feast!
Kennedy Lecture Series Presents Gloria Steinem (Tuesday, Nov. 21, 7:30-9:30 p.m., Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium): Gloria Steinem is a writer, lecturer, political activist, and feminist organizer. She is a trailblazer for women's rights and co-founded New York Magazine and Ms. Magazine . She has been published in New York Magazine, Esquire, The New York Times Magazine , and many more publications worldwide. She is a founding member of the Women's Action Alliance, the National Women's Political Caucus, Women's Media Center, Voters for Choice, URGE, and the founding president of the Ms. Foundation for Women. "An Evening with Gloria Steinem" begins at 7:30 p.m. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the lecture is free and open to the public. Tickets are not needed, but limited space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thanksgiving Break Activity (Thursday, Nov. 23, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Living Learning Center): Students, if you're spending the Thanksgiving holiday on campus, be sure to stop by the Living Learning Center on South Green for sandwiches, cookies, board games, and other Thanksgiving activities. There will be events daily from Wednesday through Saturday, so be sure to get out of your room for some food, fellowship and fun!
It may be a short week but there are even more events happening around campus this week! Check them out:
- Dream Shot Exhibition: Through Monday, Nov. 27, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Visual Communication Gallery, Schoonover Center 140
- Free Health Clinic: Monday, Nov. 20, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Grosvenor Hall West 055
- Biological & Biomedical Seminar | Understanding Individual Differences in Complex Sound Perception: Monday, Nov. 20, 2-3 p.m., Stocker 103
- Chemistry Colloquium | Multiplexed Tracking and Imaging of Nanoparticles in Biological Samples: Monday, Nov. 20, 4:10-5 p.m., Clippinger Laboratories 194
- Economics Seminar with Tim Salmon: Monday, Nov. 20, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Bentley Annex 302
- Stroll Patrol: Tuesday, Nov. 21, 12-12:30 p.m., meet between Grover Center and Bird Arena (RSVP requested)
- OHIO Men's Basketball vs. Mount St. Mary's: Friday, Nov. 24, 7 p.m., Convocation Center
- OHIO Women's Basketball vs. Michigan: Saturday, Nov. 25, 2 p.m., Convocation Center
- Ohio University Observatory Public Telescope Nights: Saturday, Nov. 25, 8-10 p.m., The Ridges
- SAP/CPS Female Survivor Workshop: Monday, Nov. 20, 3:05-4 p.m., email firstname.lastname@example.org for location
- 21st Century Leadership Certificate Series Workshop 'Get It Together': Tuesday, Nov. 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m., CLDC
- Professional Leadership Certificate Workshop 'Hunting & Gathering': Tuesday, Nov. 21, 7:30-8:30 p.m., CLDC
- Thanksgiving Break Activity: Wednesday, Nov. 22, 3-5 p.m., Living Learning Center
- Thanksgiving Break OHIO Late Nights: Afternoon Edition: Saturday, Nov. 25, 3-5 p.m., Living Learning Center
For faculty and staff:
- Prepare/respond to pandemic and influenza threats: Tuesday, Nov. 21, 12-1 p.m., Baker Center 229
This Compass series shines a spotlight on unique and high-profile events and important deadlines taken from OHIO's official online Calendar of University Events. Visit calendar.ohio.edu/admin/setupevents.aspx to log in with your OHIO ID and add your organization or department's events to the CUE. Feeling lost? Visit www.ohio.edu/calendar/help/ or e-mail email@example.com for help.