Photo courtesy of: University Communications and MarketingDebra Benton
- Classes that do not meet for the full semester (i.e., end prior to the semester closing date) may have final grades submitted beginning the last day of the class. Grades are entered through the Faculty & Advising Center, and the grade deadline remains the same (Wednesday, December 20, 2017, at noon). Grades are available to students within 24 hours of being submitted through the Faculty & Advising Center. Full semester classes may have final grades submitted beginning Monday, December 11, at 10:00 a.m.
- All grades must be submitted by the scheduled deadline of noon on Wednesday, December 20, without exception. This includes:
- “PR” grades for classes in progress,
- “I” grades for incomplete coursework,
- “FN” (failure, never attended) for students who have never attended,
- “FS” (failure, stopped attending) and last date of participation for students who stopped attending without official withdrawal,
- “WP” (withdrawn passing) and last date of participation for students who withdrew and were passing at the time of withdrawal,
- “WF” (withdrawn failing) and last date of participation for students who withdrew and were failing at the time of withdrawal,
- “WN” (withdrawn never attended) for students who withdrew and never participated.
- Final examination schedules for Athens and Regional Campuses are final. On the Athens campus some courses have all sections combined to complete the final examination. Please review the appropriate examination schedule and announce to your students the location of the final examination. All final examinations except for combined sections are examined in their regular meeting location. Please review the combined sections examination schedule for room assignments for classes having combined sections finals.
- DATES TO REMEMBER:
Saturday, December 9, 2017 – Last day of classes
Monday, December 11, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. – Grading System available through the Faculty & Advising Center for classes meeting the full semester
Monday, December 11, 2017 – Friday, December 15, 2017 – Examination period
Saturday, December 16, 2017 – Semester closing date
Saturday, December 16, 2017 – Fall Semester Commencement
Wednesday, December 20, 2017, at 12:00 noon – Deadline for final grades
Please submit final grades by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, December 20, 2017. Final grades must be submitted through the Faculty & Advising Center. The system is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week starting Monday, December 11, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. Occasional planned outages may occur during the normal outage windows of Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. and Saturday, 12:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. To submit grades, visit www.ohio.edu/registrar and select Faculty & Advising Center. Once you have signed in with your OHIO ID and password, select Teaching: Class List/Grading. If you have any questions about the system or would like training, please email email@example.com or call 740.593.4199. Instructions are available online at https://www.ohio.edu/registrar/grades.cfm#onlinegrading.
Submitting grades late or not at all results in undeserved hardships for students. These can include denied degrees, lost job opportunities, delayed transcripts, problems with acceptance to other schools, being dropped from the next term’s classes if the course is a requisite, and denials of eligibility for financial aid, athletic participation, and insurance discounts. Grades not submitted by the deadline result in a letter being sent to the department chair/school director.
NEW for Fall 2017-18:
- “WP” and “WF” grades require the last date of participation. This may be the last test, quiz, or assignment submitted.
- “WN” should be assigned for students who officially withdrew, but never participated.
- “F” grades submitted will require confirmation that the student participated and earned the failing grade.
- For more information regarding this new grading policy, please see the Academic Participation website. A previous announcement was sent to faculty on August 30, 2017.
FINAL EXAMINATION INFORMATION:
Athens Campus final examination schedules are available online:
Athens Campus Final Examination Schedule Fall Semester 2017-18
Athens Campus Combined Sections Examination Schedule Fall Semester 2017-18
Deviations from the final examination schedules can be made only with prior approval of the dean of the college and must be cleared with the Office of the University Registrar – Scheduling Division. Each examination period is scheduled for two hours. For University policy covering final examinations, see section IV, item C, #1 of the Faculty Handbook.
Regional Campus final examination information/schedules are available online:
Multiple Final Examinations:
Students may not be required to sit for more than three final examinations in one day. Should a student be scheduled for more than three examinations in one day, the student may seek relief from the instructor with the examination scheduled latest in the day. This process must be initiated and completed by the beginning of the thirteenth week of the semester. The instructor will provide an examination for the student at a mutually agreed upon time during the examination period.