Hey Bobcats! It's Week 9, which means we're in the thick of fall, and there are tons of interesting things happening on campus. Read through this week's highlights so you don't miss out! And don't forget to add your OHIO events and deadlines to the official Calendar of University Events (CUE). Anyone with an OHIO ID can add events that are sponsored by any planning unit or registered student organization. Big or small, we want them all!
Some highlights from the week ahead:
Stroll Patrol (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m., meet between Grover Center and Bird Arena): All members of the OHIO and Athens communities are invited to join the Ohio University Police Department and WellWorks for a lunchtime walk. The walk will happen rain or shine, so grab some comfy shoes and get ready to enjoy good conversation, special guests, and get your steps in!
Hallowpalooza X: A New Decadence (Wednesday, Oct. 25, 7 p.m., Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium): The School of Music's annual Halloween concert is free for children and students with a valid OHIO ID; general admission for all others is $5. The performance will feature student ensembles and full bands perfoming in costume (and local schools will be on campus for a special children's show at 10 a.m.).
Faculty Teaching and Research Award Recognition Ceremony (Thursday, Oct. 26, 6-7:30 p.m., Walter Hall Rotunda): The Ohio University community is invited to celebrate the 2017 Presidential Research Scholars and the recipients of the Presidential Teacher Award and the Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching. This ceremony is sponsored by the offices of the Executive Vice President and Provost, and Vice President for Research and Creative Activity. Light refreshments will be served.
And here are a few more events:
- Wealth and Poverty | Ed Chow on Eurasian Energy: Tuesday, Oct. 24, 3 to 4 p.m., Friends of the Libraries Room, Alden Library 319
- NOVEM—a 2nd year MFA exhibition opening reception: Tuesday, Oct. 24, 5 to 7 p.m., Ohio University Art Gallery, Seigfred Hall 536
- SMART Dialogue Series | Elizabeth Jenkins: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 1 to 2 p.m., SMART Lab, Scripps Hall 212
- Seminar in Integrated Biomedical & Health Systems Sciences: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2 to 3:45 p.m., Walter 245
- TBS Seminar | Place Matters: Rural Definitions/Perceptions: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 4:10 to 5 p.m., Irvine Hall 114
- Hearing Health Seminar: Thursday, Oct. 26, 6 to 8 p.m., Grover Center E238
- Halloween Programming Series: Rocky Horror Picture Show: Thursday, Oct. 26, 10 p.m., Athena Cinema
- OHIO Volleyball vs. Akron: Friday, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Convocation Center
- OHIO Volleyball vs. Buffalo: Saturday, Oct. 28, 7 p.m., Convocation Center
- Mock Law Class (for students who are considering law school): Tuesday, Oct. 24, 5 to 6 p.m., Bentley Hall 110
- 21st Century Leadership Certificate Workshop: I am right, you are wrong: Tuesday, Oct. 24, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center, Baker University Center 366
- Professional Leadership Certificate Workshop: Bragging Rights: Tuesday, Oct. 24, Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center, Baker University Center 366
- Foundations of Research 4: Scholarship as conversation: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 3 to 3:55 p.m., Alden Library 251
- Open Access Monographs: Current Initiatives, Sustainable Models: Tuesday, Oct. 24, 4 to 5 p.m., Alden Library 323
- Lunch and learn: PeopleAdmin Q&A: Wednesday, Oct, 25, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., HRTC 141/145 (registration requested)
- Classified Senate Meet and Greet for Classified Staff: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 1804 Lounge, Baker University Center fifth floor
This Compass series shines a spotlight on unique and high-profile events and important deadlines taken from OHIO's official online Calendar of University Events. Visit calendar.ohio.edu/admin/setupevents.aspx to log in with your OHIO ID and add your organization or department's events to the CUE. Feeling lost? Visit www.ohio.edu/calendar/help/ or e-mail email@example.com for help.