Huzoor Akbar, PhD
Associate Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology
Irvine 416, Athens Campus
- PhD, Clinical Sciences (Pharmacology/Biochemistry) Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (1978)
- MS, Biochemistry University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (1972)
- BS (Honors), Biochemistry University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (1971)
- Role of blood platelets in hemostasis and thrombosis.
- Molecular mechanisms involved in regulation of blood platelet function.
- Role of Rho GTPases (Rac1, Cdc42, RhoA) in regulation of platelet signaling/activation.
- Role of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in platelet activation.
- Pharmacology of antithrombotic drugs.