Research and Scholarship
Our overarching research strategy is to increase research and scholarship within the Heritage College as well as in clinical and translational research at OHIO.
We have identified five goals to support this research strategy and strengthen clinical and translational research capabilities across the university:
- Implement strategic faculty investments in institutes, initiatives and emerging technical areas and leverage “cluster hires” to accelerate research productivity.
- Expand, optimize and modernize clinical and translational research space.
- Develop an OHIO Clinical Research Network with our established clinical/learning education affiliates and partners.
- Establish a unified administrative research infrastructure to oversee, coordinate support services and maintain health-related cores.
- In collaboration with OHIO's Graduate College, bolster existing interdisciplinary doctoral programs with ties to clinical and translational research.
Two key performance indicators have been identified to measure our progress toward these goals:
- Increased extramural funding
- Increased peer-reviewed publications