Office of Research and Grants
Who We Are
The Office of Research and Grants, under the direction of Associate Dean for Research and Innovation, Darlene Berryman, PhD, LD, RD, provides the infrastructure, leadership, training and resources to promote integrated scholarly activity, enhance research productivity, and increase external funding of research programs throughout the Heritage College.
The Office of Research and Grants supports, coordinates and promotes the research and scholarly activities of Heritage College faculty, staff, institutes, and students by:
- Promoting a culture of innovation, discovery, and scholarship within the Osteopathic profession.
- Fostering collaborations with key partners internal and external to the Heritage College.
- Strengthening our research infrastructure to provide enhanced support services.
- Leading the college’s strategic research initiatives.
- Developing, maintaining and communicating research best practices and policies.
- Supporting efforts to bring visibility to the research accomplishments of our faculty, staff, institutes and students.
Research at the Heritage College
The Heritage College houses a diverse, talented and productive array of faculty, staff, students and institutes that are engaged in scholarly works. This places the Heritage College in a very good position to be a leader among osteopathic medical schools in research.
We also recognize the importance of fostering collaborative research with partners both within Ohio University and external to the university. To this end, the Heritage College continually works to facilitate the expansion of our research portfolio with partners such as OhioHealth to provide additional opportunities for our faculty and staff to engage in research.