ITDI Student Travel Awards
Paying Your Way
To provide students wishing to participate in ITDI-sponsored Education Abroad programs with partial financial assistance to cover travel related expenses through a competitive process.
Nature of the Award:
- Up to 10 awards will be granted during 2019
- Up to $500 will be applied towards in-country travel expenses
- Letter of award in recipient’s file with copy to the Dean or other academic authority as requested
- This award is not considered financial aid and is not "need based"
Three separate award categories will be available
- OUHCOM Students: Students currently enrolled in Years 1 to 4 at OUHCOM or CORE Residency programs
- Ohio University students: Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing
- Other Students: Undergraduate, graduate and Medical students from other institutions of higher education.
Ecuador Tropical Disease Research and Service Learning Program
Ecuador Community and Public Health
Ecuador Nursing and Medicine
Laboratory Internship at CISeAL (Ecuador)
- Prepare an up to 2000 character essay on the topic listed below, including spaces, and paste it into the appropriate box.
- Deadline extended to March 1
- Essays will be evaluated by a panel of ITDI members and students, and scored considering grammar and punctuation, clarity of ideas, overall content and relevance to the topic.
- A decision e-mail will be emailed to the applicant two weeks after the deadline.
- Award will be contingent on actual participation in the program and cannot be used to pay for program deposits.
- Awards are not transferable and can not be deferred.
Essay Topic for the 2019 competition:
Why is an international experience important for shaping your education?
Funds for this travel award program are provided by ITDI.