ITDI Student Travel Awards
Paying Your Way
To provide students wishing to participate in ITDI-sponsored Education Abroad programs with partial financial assistance to cover travel related expenses through a competitive process.
Nature of the Award:
- Up to 10 awards will be granted during 2018
- Up to $500 will be applied towards in-country travel expenses
- Letter of award in recipient’s file with copy to the Dean or other academic authority as requested
- This award is not considered financial aid and is not "need based"
Three separate award categories will be available
- OUHCOM Students: Students currently enrolled in Years 1 to 4 at OUHCOM or CORE Residency programs
Ohio University students:
Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing
- Other Students: Undergraduate, graduate and Medical students from other institutions of higher education.
Ecuador Field Research and Service Program
Ecuador Community and Public Health
Ecuador Nursing and Medicine
Fill out the
ITDI Travel Award Application Form online
- Prepare an up to 2000 character essay on the topic listed below, including spaces, and paste it into the appropriate box. Paste the references into the corresponding box also (at least 3 papers or textbook references).
- Deadline Feb 15, 2018
IMPORTANT : The travel award process is competitive. Essays not following the word limit or content guidelines will not be considered. We highly suggest that you have a faculty member or advisor review your essay prior to submission.
Essays will be evaluated by a panel of ITDI members and students, and scored considering grammar and punctuation, clarity of ideas, overall content and relevance to the topic.
- A decision letter will be emailed to the applicant two weeks after the deadline.
- A letter of award, stating the nature of the competition and other relevant details, will be added to the applicant’s file at OUHCOM or in their school/program and sent to the Dean or other academic officer at their school as requested.
- Award will be contingent on actual participation in the program and cannot be used to pay for program deposits.
- Awards are not transferable and can not be deferred.
Essay Topic for the 2018 competition:
The role of international experiences in shaping student education
What does it mean to be a global citizen .
Funds for this travel award program are provided by ITDI.