Residency Application Process
Creating your curriculum vitae
A CV differs from a resume in that it includes more academia prevalent information. A CV should include important details about a student’s academic, research, leadership and work experience from undergraduate and medical school. Although ERAS will ask students to create a CV in their online platform students should have a separate document they can provide to recommendation letter writers and to bring to interviews.
- List everything in reverse chronological order.
- Use a well-organized and easily readable format.
- Utilize action verbs in descriptions of work.
- Be consistent with punctuation, grammar and correct spelling.
- Distinguish publications which have been accepted or published from those that have been submitted for review.
- Only include activities and honors/awards which are relevant or in the recent past.
- Omit anything from high school unless particularly distinguished.
- Do not include personal information such as religious or political beliefs.