- Inpatient and outpatient care: comprehensive diabetes education
- Insulin pump training and use of sensors
- Focus on both investigator initiated research and pharmacologic trials
- Diabetes Fellowship Program to train primary care physicians to be "diabetologists" or diabetes specialists
- Interdisciplinary and interprofessional clinical training
- Diabetes Navigator programs
- Diabetes support groups for all ages
To provide an interdisciplinary approach to diabetes clinical care in a dynamic environment
through patient education, training and a full array of comprehensive clinical services.
Diabetes & Endocrine Center
The Diabetes & Endocrine Center houses the clinical arm of The Diabetes Institute. The center is managed by University Medical Associates in partnership with the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Address: 75 Hospital Drive Phone: (740) 566-4880
Athens, Ohio 45701 Fax: (740) 566-4881
Patient Education Classes
Classes are offered to patients for management, prevention and support.
Clinical trials cover prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Easily find information about resources available to patientes through the Diabetes Institute and the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.