Student Organizations Dublin
The Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) is the nation’s largest network of osteopathic medical students. We are an American Osteopathic Association (AOA)-affiliated, student-led and student-driven organization with direct representation to the AOA.
Vice President/National Liaison Officer
Dues: $75 collected annually.
The Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) prides itself in servicing our local college, the surrounding community, and the osteopathic profession at large. We have both national and local goals that drive our focus each year; these goals include a voice in public policy and healthcare advocacy, professional and career development for our members, and service to the local community through a wide array of philanthropy and service events. Some of the philanthropy events that SOMA has done in the past include clothing drives for local non-for-profits, judging at the Ohio State Science Fair for the OOA, and creating a team/raising money for the Central Ohio Relay for Life.
Tentative Schedule for 2019-2020
- Fundraiser and recruitment via SOMA quarter zip sale. This will be partially financed by the chapter’s local budget in an attempt to reduce costs for members.
- Political advocacy workshop: held for all HCOM students to learn how they can do their part in political advocacy from the medical student level.
- Children’s book drive with Pediatric club and/or SAAO (other club involvement pending future confirmation from respective leadership).
- Resolution writing workshop with Dr. Skinner
- Continued fundraising and recruitment of more members for the Central Ohio Relay for Life (team combined with Ohio State)