Videoconferencing Equipment Operations
Show & Tell!
- Equipment must be on and ready for a call before we can connect.
- Check that the television is on and the volume is up about 1/3 of the scale.
Multiple microphones should be spaced at least 4 feet apart for best sound.
- Be seen. Appearing On-Camera includes you in the conference.
- Zoom-In because Close-Ups make everyone easier to see and understand.
Avoid ceiling lights, the auto iris will over-compensate and reduce clarity.
- Keep muted, except when you need to speak and mute again afterwards.
- Un-muted, any sound made will switch to and show your camera to everyone.
- Coughing, rustling, tapping or bumping sounds are transmitted.
- Sit within 10 feet of the microphone to be heard.
If someone cannot hear, you must speak louder and move closer.
(Due to compression during transmission.)
- Pause after you ask a question.
- There will be a short delay before your question is heard.
- Allow a little time for someone to hear and answer.
- If you speak again too quickly, it will interrupt them and delay discussion.
Please ask us - we want to tell you how it’s done. Contact your local facilitator or the OhiOne Distance Learning staff.