OFFICE OF FACULTY LEARNING, DEVELOPMENT AND SCHOLARSHIP
To optimize educators’ learning so they can better serve the community.
Who We Are
The Office of Faculty Learning, Development and Scholarship offers a variety of services to support all faculty in their pursuit of excellence in learning and teaching. Our goal is to help faculty focus on developing innovative approaches to learning within the rapidly changing health care landscape.
We serve both academic and adjunct clinical faculty. If you are an academic faculty (also include adjunct academic faculty teaching in Athens, Cleveland or Dublin campus) member, click ‘Academic Faculty’ or if you are an adjunct clinical faculty (community preceptors that teach our medical students in the clinical settings) click ‘Adjunct Clinical Faculty’.
ADJUNCT CLINICAL FACULTY
New teaching resources:
- A guide to using Bloom’s Taxonomy for writing Learning Objectives (LO), Critical Thinking Questions (CTQ) and Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). Click here to view and download.
- Medical Knowledge, Patient Care, & Professionalism (MPP) framework for Teaching and Learning Medical Curriculum. Click here to view and download.
- Four variables that affect student learning. Click here to view and download.
"Building Better Clinical Training Experiences: A Learning Collaborative”
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine Selected for National Pilot Project to Address Training Needs of Medical Students Project seeks to reduce administrative burden and recognize physicians. Click here for more info.
If you have a general question, you can send an email to HCOM-FacultyLearning@ohio.edu. A resource person will respond within one to three business days.
Rich Latham, BS, Director, Experiential Learning
- Clinical Simulation
- Experiential Learning
- CTAC Operations
- Immersive Learning
Olivia Ojano-Sheehan, PhD, Senior Director, Clinical Learning Environment Development
- Clinical Teaching
- Administration, Management, Leadership
- ACE, ACE-OPP, AHLM
- Clinical Divisions
Briju Thankachan, PhD, Director, Curriculum and Assessment Design and Improvement
- Team-Based Learning
- Instructional Design (Learning Objectives, Strategies and Assessment)
- Online and Hybrid Course Design
- Technology Integration
Click here to view the Office of Faculty Learning, Development and Scholarship (OFLDS) strategic plan.
Last Updated: 07/12/19