Osteopathic Medicine for All - CME/GME
Continuing Medical Education
Friday - Sunday, May 17-19, 2019 – Dublin, OH Heritage College Campus
Fri. 10a - 5p, Sat. 8:30a - 5:30p, Sun. 8:30a - 3:30p
Course registration deadline:
Friday, May 3, 2019
- Training Slots are limited: please register early.
- Attendance commitment for all three days is required.
Click to register:
A registration confirmation will be emailed to you upon receipt and processing.
Medical Faculty - $600
Heritage College partner faculty: $500
Registration fee Includes: Required textbook -- Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques ; lunches and refreshment breaks; presentation materials; anatomy overview; and OMM Skills Labs.
For more information contact:
Administrator, Osteopathic Integration
This 3-day CME/GME course is designed to provide graduating medical students and new DO and MD residents entering into osteopathic-recognized programs with the knowledge to better integrate OMM/OPP into their training and improve skills in precepting and evaluating students in applying osteopathic skills. DO and MD medical education faculty and preceptors are also encouraged to attend.
Osteopathic Philosophy and History
Osteopathic Medical Practice
Fundamentals of Structural Diagnosis
Fundamentals of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
Treating Common Problems Osteopathically
- Through a variety of presentations and demonstrations by HCOM OMM faculty and guest presenters, participants will learn, practice and strengthen their OMM skills and improve their understanding of osteopathic principles and practices (OPP).
- The course will teach participants to increase the utilization of OMM/OPP in resident clinics.
- Participants will improve their skills of precepting students in OMM/OPP.
- Participants who complete the program will be better able to integrate OMM into their training along with precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills.
- Those experienced in OMM will have the opportunity to refine their skills and increase utilization along with the benefit of group discussion re: difficulties in practice or precepting.
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine is approved as an accredited CME sponsor by the American Osteopathic Association. This program has been approved for up to 20.0 credits of AOA Category 1-A credit.
This activity was planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA) through the joint providership of OhioHealth and The Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. OhioHealth is accredited by the Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OhioHealth designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.