What is Clinical Division/Clinical Section?
Together we are building a model to strengthen community-based medical education.
Clinical Divisions/Clinical Sections are the professional, specialty-related academic homes for faculty from our partner teaching hospitals and other health care facilities across Ohio. Think of it as the place where practice management and patient care meet higher education, creating the safe space to discover what we don’t yet know. We’ve worked together for years, and we’re building on the great aspects of our experiences. Today, in addition to accessing research, faculty development and other technical assistance from Ohio University’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, through Clinical Divisions you’ll be able to collaborate with other colleges and schools at Ohio University.
Why participate in Clinical Division/Clinical Section?
- Enhance the clinical learning environment.
- Improve overall operations and quality in your setting and in ours.
- Receive faculty and professional development, and research and program support.
- Address your challenges and find solutions.
- Promote business partnering and collaboration.
- Advance osteopathic principles to meet the demands of healthcare reform.
- Build a better continuum of medical education, fixing the faulty network connections from UME to GME to practice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Olivia T. Ojano Sheehan, Ph.D.
Assistant Director of Faculty Development and Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
Grosvenor Hall 245
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701