Ruger Porter, PhD
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (PhD), Ohio University, 2015
- Biological Sciences (BS), Indiana University South Bend, 2006
- Human anatomy and embryology
- Archosaur cephalic vascular anatomy
- Diapsid physiological thermoregulation
My research seeks to answer questions about dinosaur cephalic vascular anatomy and thermoregulation by comparing the anatomy of dinosaur relatives to evidence from dinosaur fossils. I’ve shown that the heat loads dinosaurs faced is reflected in the size of their cephalic blood vessels because they were used in different thermoregulatory strategies.