Jane Balbo, DO
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, OUHCOM (formerly Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine), Athens, Ohio, June 2007. Education extended by a one-year teaching associateship in the Department of Family Medicine
- Master of Health Administration in Community Health Services with a Women’s Studies Certificate, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, June 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Communications, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, June 1992
- Board-Certified in Family Practice and OMT, American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians – Certification date September 13, 2010; valid through December 31, 2026
- Board-Certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (OMM/NMM), American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine – Effective date January 1, 2012; valid through December 31, 2021
- College student health
- Medical care of transgender and gender diverse people
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Women’s health
What do you like best about working with the student population?
I find that Ohio University students are very open to learning-whether it is about their bodies, their health, making changes or doing things differently from how they may have done them before. They have such wonderful energy! Our patients are from all over the state, country, and world, so I always enjoy learning more about them. I also find that they are so appreciative of someone taking the time to ask them questions, listen to their answers, and care about them. It is an honor to be a physician to this population and I look forward to my job every day! How many people can say that?