A small number of laptops are available at Alden Library's 2nd Floor Service Desk for 24-hour loan periods to OHIO students, faculty and staff.
- Please bring your Ohio University ID card to check out a laptop.
- Laptops may be taken out of the building.
- The loan period is 24 hours.
- Laptops can be renewed one time via your library account.
- To keep a laptop longer, you must bring the laptop to the Alden Library 2nd floor service desk to check it out again. We'll inspect the laptop and ask you to fill out a new borrower's agreement form.
- Borrowers are responsible for the equipment during the loan period. If a laptop is not returned, it will be considered lost or stolen and the Ohio University Police Department will be contacted. The borrower will be liable for a replacement fee ($1,000.00).
Laptop Use Tips
- Loaner laptops have the same software installed as Alden’s desktop PC’s.
- You may install programs to the laptops, but any programs will be uninstalled automatically when the laptop is rebooted.
- Save your work to your own storage device (such as a USB flash drive) or cloud storage (such as OneDrive).
- Files saved to the laptop’s hard drive are automatically deleted when the laptop is restarted and cannot be recovered.