A small number of laptops are available at the Alden Library 2nd Service Floor Desk for short-term, in-building loan to OHIO students, faculty and staff.
Service Unavailable Until Further Notice
Due to COVID safety precautions, the laptop loan program is currently unavailable. Thank you for understanding as we take measures to keep our community safe.
- You can use laptops anywhere inside Alden Library. Sorry, but the laptops cannot leave the building.
- The loan period is 3 hours.
- Please bring your Ohio University ID card to check out a laptop.
- Borrowers are responsible for the equipment during the loan period. If a laptop is not returned within 24 hours, it will be considered lost or stolen and the Ohio University Police Department will be contacted. The borrower will be liable for a replacement fee ($1,700.00).
Laptop Use Tips
- Loaner laptops have the same software installed as Alden’s desktop PC’s. If you wish to temporarily install your own software on a laptop, ask for “Laptop #1.”
- Save your work to your own storage device (such as a USB flash drive) or cloud storage (such as OneDrive). Files saved to the laptop’s hard drive are not preserved for later use.