A small number of laptops are available at the Alden Library 2nd Service Floor Desk for short-term, in-building loan to OHIO students, faculty and staff.
- You can use laptops anywhere inside Alden Library. Sorry, but the laptops cannot leave the building.
- The loan period is 3 hours.
- Please bring your Ohio University ID card to check out a laptop.
- Borrowers are responsible for the equipment during the loan period. If a laptop is not returned within 24 hours, it will be considered lost or stolen and the Ohio University Police Department will be contacted. The borrower will be liable for a replacement fee ($1,700.00).
Laptop Use Tips
- Loaner laptops have the same software installed as Alden’s desktop PC’s. If you wish to temporarily install your own software on a laptop, ask for “Laptop #1.”
- Save your work to your own storage device (such as a USB flash drive) or cloud storage (such as OneDrive). Files saved to the laptop’s hard drive are not preserved for later use.