Ohio University Libraries connects our community of faculty, students, global scholars, and other stakeholders to knowledge and expertise. We are collaborative and leverage national and international partnerships to advance research, education, and innovation.
- Ohio University Libraries will actively enhance and facilitate teaching, learning, research, and creative activity by meeting faculty and students where they are with responsive and direct pathways to the resources they need.
- Ohio University Libraries will engage in the rapidly evolving ecosystem of scholarship and research, in support of faculty and student success, affordable college experiences, and the positive global impact of networked information.
- Ohio University Libraries will advance our approaches to engagement within the Libraries and across Ohio University to broaden the reach of our services and collections.
Ohio University Libraries acknowledges our responsibility to empower our communities by providing equitable access to information, facilitating the creation of new knowledge, and preserving our history so that we may continue to learn from it. As the Libraries embarks on a path of new strategic priorities, we also commit to imbuing diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout those priorities, recognizing that these are not aspects of our work: they are the heart of it.
- Ohio University Libraries commits to incorporating social justice into our decision making processes. We will confront institutional bias and structural racism to make demonstrable progress towards diverse collections, equitable policies, and inclusive practices.
- Ohio University Libraries will benefit our entire community through the intentional creation of accessible, usable, and inviting spaces, experiences, and resources for our users, especially those who have historically been excluded from library and higher education spaces.
- Ohio University Libraries will develop and evolve approaches and modalities to instruction, learning, and research that amplify the critical and creative inquiry skills needed to navigate complex information environments to nurture life-long learners.
- Ohio University Libraries will engage our communities by celebrating, sharing, and preserving the geographic and cultural heritages of our campuses.
Ohio University Libraries is a committed steward of resources essential to student, faculty, and community success. We recognize the vital importance of holistic decision making in creating a sustained positive impact at a time of social and financial stress.
- Ohio University Libraries will advance the university’s success and distinction through the ongoing development of sustainable collections strategies that broaden student and faculty access to the resources they need.
- Ohio University Libraries will commit to developing, recruiting, and retaining staff with skills and approaches that meet the needs of the University community.
- Ohio University Libraries will foster a culture of learning, retention, and support of our diverse student population as key stakeholders in their success.