- Diversity and Inclusion
- Get Involved
Ohio University and Athens are great places for LGBTA students to live and go to school. Read more about us!
Another helpful source is our Guide to Life at Ohio University.
There are many ways to get involved and become active within the LGBTA community at Ohio University.
- Learn about LGBTA student organizations.
- We offer a variety of programs and events throughout each year.
- Check the Calendar of Events to see upcoming events.
- We also offer several brochures! Paper copies are available in the LGBT Center.
The Department of Residential Housing staff works to make the residence halls a welcoming place for all LGBT students. Getting the best support may require you to come out to the staff. Currently the university is implementing a pilot program of offering Gender Neutral Housing. For more information about living in the Residence Halls, including types of halls and policies, check out the Department of Residential Housing.
Ohio University has worked to create a positive and open learning climate for all, including LGBT students, faculty and staff. Read more about OU's commitment to creating a non-discriminatory and harrassment-free campus by visiting the Office for Institutional Equity.
1. We have amazing groups and organizations within the LGBT community where you can get involved!
2. OU offers several Queer Courses to add to your class schedule – from Lesbian and Gay Politics & Literature to Gender, Sexuality, and Culture. For a complete listing, review the OU Course Offerings page.
3. OU's campus was selected one of the 100 best campuses for LGBT students by "The Advocate's College Guide for LGBT Students."
We've asked LGBT students involved with the center to answer some questions about life at OU and the communities that exist around student life.