Undergraduate Certificate in Environmental Studies
- Participate in a rigorous, systematic, interdisciplinary study of the complex interactions between humans, other organisms, and the environment;
- Select a curriculum plan that complements their major by a) enhancing awareness of the integration of environmental issues with other disciplines and b) improving their critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate an improvement in environmental literacy, that is, the understanding of diverse environmental issues and problems; and
- Enhance their career options by incorporating environmental knowledge and credentials with their major field of study.
Master’s Degree in Environmental Studies
- Design an interdisciplinary curriculum plan that optimizes their understanding of environmental issues;
- Formulate research questions and implement sound scientific methods to answer these questions;
- Express an enhanced understanding of environmental issues in the form of a thesis or project report;
- Demonstrate improvements in written and oral communication skills through numerous opportunities for preparing written reports and orally presenting research;
- Participate in learning activities that provide service to the university and community; and
- Prepare for environmental careers in the public or private sectors or for doctoral programs in environmental sciences and interdisciplinary studies.