Mission, Vision, Values
The Hannah V. McCauley Library strives to be an inspiring center of education for the Ohio University Lancaster Campus and the Lancaster community. Our mission is to play a vital role in support of the university's academic and research missions by providing access tools to quality information resources in multiple formats utilizing current technologies; enriching the information literacy skills of our users; and supplying a supportive environment that enhances the educational experience of our users. We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service in order to fulfill this mission.
As the academic and cultural center of Ohio University Lancaster, the Hannah V. McCauley Library is a dynamic campus partner in providing intellectual and technological resources and an inspiring space that fosters student success.
- Access to information in a wide variety of formats to advance the instructional goals of the campus.
- A knowledgeable and professional library staff that is committed to the academic success of our diverse student body and dedicated to supporting the research needs of our faculty.
- Exemplary customer service to all library users.
- An atmosphere of mutual respect to all students, faculty and staff.
- A commitment to building our information resources that support the curriculum through utilization of strong consortial relationships
- Serving the larger Lancaster area through the Friends of the Library by providing an additional information resource to the community.
- A welcoming, comfortable and attractive environment that is conducive to academic pursuits and various learning styles.
- A collaborative working environment rooted in staff initiative and creativity and dedicated to continual professional development.
- Open access to a diverse library collection and support for intellectual freedom and the values set forth by the American Library Association's Bill of Rights.
Revised February 2010