Kim Jeffers, Transition Advisor, is available by appointment in the Student Services office to discuss major and career exploration, job search strategies, and online career resources. In addition, a wide variety of career services resources can be accessed at www.ohio.edu/careers. To schedule an appointment, please call 740 681-3310.
Helpful websites for your internship and job search:
Please contact Kimberly Jeffers at 740-681-3310 with any questions or further information.
You Are Invited!
We will be discussing our company and conducting interviews with attendees.
We are looking for local candidates to join our expanding team in Ohio:
- Looking to identify potential candidates for Record Specialists, Right- of-Way Associates, Title Agents and other positions.
- Opportunities available for both entry-level and experienced agents.
· Real estate, title and para-legal experience a plus – but not required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Local to Ohio - no per diem.
· W-2 Employees - 401K and other benefits available.
Saturday April 1st, 2017 from 9am-12:00pm
Saturday April 1st, 2017 from 1- 4pm
Contract Land Staff
62 Mill Street
Gahanna, OH 43230
Seating is limited so please RSVP to:
Sales Associate - Part Time / Full Time
Wild Birds Unlimited of Canal Winchester
Are you our next great employee?
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking Sales Associates with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owner, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry seed for our customers – a foundation of our service!
- Will consider both full-time and part-time applications that meet the needs of the business, but a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekends are required.
Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience. Help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives. Come join our team! Request an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or download from our website canalwinchester.wbu.com
“WE CARE FOR YOUR LAWN”
North America’s Largest Franchised Lawn Care Company continues their successful growth and now is the perfect time for you to join our Amazing Team. Together with the greatest products, service, and employees in the world, we will continue to be America’s choice when it comes to selecting a Lawn Care Professional. Come to work with your passionate enthusiastic attitude, and you’ll experience the thrill of being a part of a winning team and you’ll be rewarded with many opportunities for personal growth! As we continue to grow, offers various part-time and full-time employment opportunities. We are currently looking for our next great Sales and Marketing Lead Generator to join our successful team. As a sales and marketing professional, you will be working on a team to generate leads for our sales staff by offering home owners the opportunity to obtain a free no- obligation service quote and lawn care advice. No selling is required, but this is a great opportunity for those looking to get started in the field of sales or business. Great Opportunity for Students! As an associate of you will enjoy:
• Ability to work independently as part of a team
• Competitive Salary and Bonus Program
• Varying Benefit Packages
• Industry and Company Training
• Advancement Opportunities
is looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals who meet the following:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional Appearance
• Advanced problem solving skills and proven time management
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work in a results-oriented environment
• Previous customer service / sales experience is an asset but is not required
Visit us at www.weedmanusa.com to learn more about our Amazing Employment Opportunities.
• Call Today at (740) 756-9333
• 3755 Columbus Lancaster Rd NW Carroll Ohio 43114
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for agency staff and completes related paperwork.
- Maintains sick, personal and vacation records within the payroll system. Balances to courthouse and reports as required.
- Prepares invoices and maintains accounts receivable records.
- Prepares and maintains accurate financial reports, records, files, correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Communicates effectively regarding payroll, purchasing and fiscal responsibilities to internal and external staff.
- Maintains a valid Ohio Driver's license and a driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates mandated services and department compliance.
- Complies with professional ethical standards.
- Maintains and follows policies on confidentiality.
- Participates in conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars, and on committees.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Shall comply with Safety Rules established for the purpose of fulfilling compliance with Ohio Employment Risk Reduction Standards, Rules or Orders, through the utilization of protective equipment and decontamination techniques.
- Complies with the Individual Bill of Rights.
- Acts in the best interest of the Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Fairfield County ADAMH Board
Full-time. Lancaster. Duties: receptionist, general office support, meeting minutes, accounts payable and related duties,
finance assistant and other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum of Associates Degree and/or significant bookkeeping and/or accounting experience.
MUNIS experience preferred. Salary commensurate with qualifications/experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Nadine@ohiopps.org by March 19th. EEO Employer.
Ride Right is Recruiting Paratransit Drivers
in Lancaster, OH
Part-time and full-time positions available,
starting at $9.50/hour
No Experience Necessary
$500 Sign on Bonus
Clean Driving Record
Apply In Person at
746 Lawrence St., Lancaster, OH 43130
JARVIS LAW OFFICE
Job Title: Internship FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Client Services Team Leader Date Created: 1/25/17
Office Location: Date Revised:
Job Summary: This job description is only a summary of the typical position functions and responsibilities. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the position holder might differ from those outlined in this job description. Other duties may be assigned.
General overview of position: Working closely with the client services staff, paralegals and attorneys. Under the supervision of a Client Services Coordinator, an Intern is responsible for assisting the office staff in preparing for meetings and ensuring that the office and files are organized for our clients. The Intern performs tasks as assigned, including but not limited to preparing correspondence, organizing and maintaining files and interacting with clients and the general public, in accordance with the approved policies and procedures of the firm.
Essential Job Functions: (other duties may be assigned):
- Assisting in the preparation of workshop materials, sending out confirmation letters and making reminder phone calls prior to the workshops, then following the firm procedure for follow-up with the attendees after the workshop (no show & thank you letters), updating client matters & the firm calendar.
- Responsible for preparing and mailing confirmation letters for all appointments and making reminder phone calls the day prior to the appointment.
- Pulls and prepares all client files for the day’s meetings to ensure all necessary materials are in the file.
- Follows up with the Attorney after each Vision Meeting™ or initial consultation.
- Maintains the firm database to appropriately track prospect and client status.
- Provides weekly status reports to the team during the Weekly Team Meeting, as a part of the Client Services Team.
- Responsible for the preparation and appropriate distribution of the following packages: workshop confirmation letter; workshop packets; Vision Meeting™ confirmation letter together with Personal Financial & Information Form (“PFIF”); Initial Meeting confirmation letter together with PFIF; file folders for the first meeting with the prospect which would be Vision Meeting™, Initial Meeting, Signing meetings, prepping signing binders for Funding meeting, VA Planning Meeting, Medicaid Planning Meeting, Probate/Estate Administration; Engagement Agreement Folders; design templates, design meeting confirmation letter, signing meeting confirmation letters, funding meeting confirmation letters, closing letters with client evaluation forms and return envelopes.
- Supports key marketing activities by assisting the Marketing Director.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Scans and files client related items.
- Organization of client files.
- Reviewing closed client files for new marketing opportunities.
Non-essential Job Functions (performed on an infrequent basis):
- Participates in special events including seminars and marketing events
High school diploma or GED required. Progress is a post-secondary program required. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to a work well in a team environment, including team members at other locations. Customer service skills required. Law office experience is not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern office equipment (printer, copier, fax, scanner)
- Knowledge of and efficient computer skills: Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver timely work
- Strong work ethic
- Sound judgment and ability to act independently when necessary
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse departments and individuals both internally and externally to the law firm
- Professional, positive demeanor with ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
Office environment; some travel required to other offices and external firm locations. Approximately 5% travel overnight and/or out of town. Some weekends required. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs; some bending required; sits for extended periods of time.
This job description reflects management’s assessment of the functions and requirements of the job. It is a general guideline, and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job elements or requirements. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign or change responsibilities at any time.
Interested candidates can send resume with letter of interest to:
Alyssa E. Deskins at Alyssa@jarvisfirm.com
Fairfield Community Health Center
Looking for Certified Medical Assistants to work in one of our very busy medical offices. We currently have three locations and we are looking to fill two MA positions. We are an amazing company to work for and if the candidate should happen to get a position with us, they will be joining a family and not just a job opportunity. We offer full benefits, paid holidays (including our birthday), PTO and vacation after 6 months.
We like to promote from within so there is always the opportunity for growth within the organization.
Interested candidates should contact Stefani Stump at (740) 277-6043 or they may fax a resume and cover letter to (740) 808-8027.
FAIRFIELD DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position: WIC Nutrition Assistant
Pay Status: Part-Time (22.5 Hours per week/ 2 days in Pickerington Office and
1 day in Lancaster Office)
Salary Range: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Deadline: February 9, 2017
High School diploma or equivalent. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have 1-3 years progressively responsible office experience. Has a basic understanding of what constitutes good nutrition and living a healthy life style. Valid Ohio driver’s license.
Summary of Essential Duties
Under close supervision from administrative supervisor, participates in WIC program to ensure clients are properly placed on the program. Performs related clerical duties. Performs hemoglobin tests. Complies information and assists in reminder calls, mailings, coupon issuance, filing and making appointments. Basic math skills.
Assess clients for WIC program eligibility to participate in program both at the main site and at the Pickerington site, document personal and demographic information, enter data in computer. Provide program explanation, explain use of the WIC Nutrition Card, load food benefits, perform heights, weights and hemoglobin checks, and transfer participants in and out of the county. File charts, file terminate and purge charts, perform appointment reminder calls, schedule and reschedule appointments, provide voter registration, screen for immunizations, clean clinic area daily, be supportive of the WIC breastfeeding mom’s. Attend mandatory trainings within the county and outside of the county. Perform other health department duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit a current resume with cover letter to Kathie Whitlock, Fairfield Department of Health, 1550 Sheridan Drive, Suite 100, Lancaster, Ohio 43130. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Fairfield County General Health District is EOE compliant.
POSITION POSTING WILL RUN 1/4/17-1/18/17
FAIRFIELD COUNTY BOARD OF
BEHAVIOR SUPPORT STRATEGIST
REGULAR HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
(hours may be flexible)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Community Outreach Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Services and Supports
The main responsibility for this position will be to assist with coordinating, writing, developing, monitoring, and training on identified actions that pose risk of harm for adults/children who receive Behavior Support Services. This position will focus on supportive environments that mitigate the risk of harm or legal sanction and ultimately reduce and/or eliminate the need for restrictive measures. This position requires thorough knowledge of the Behavior Support Rule 5123:2-2-06 and the verbal/written skills necessary to communicate and ensure individual choice in matters affecting Individual’s everyday lives and supporting individuals to make choices that yield positive outcomes.
70% Assists as a member of the interdisciplinary team working with other professional staff, parent(s), guardian(s) supporting individuals eligible for or receiving County Board services, in the training, development, writing, and monitoring of behavior support programs.
Ensures that prior to a formal behavior support plan being implemented all necessary documentation (UI’s, MUI’s, case notes, behavior data, positive & non-restrictive measures, etc.) is collected and identifies a risk of harm or legal sanction before referral is sent to Behavior Support Coordinator.
Works in conjunction with the ISC and team to write an effective and measurable fading strategy in a behavior support plan with positive and/or restrictive measures based on assessment recommendations. Identifies supports based on an understanding of the individual and the reasons for their actions.
Reviews all restrictive measures and data on a monthly basis with an assigned ISC designated to coordinate the plan. Enters this data monthly into the tracking database. Follows up and monitors entities to assure use of proper techniques to implement plan and provides data monthly.
Ensures all positive and non-restrictive strategies have been identified but ruled as ineffective, describes behaviors to be increased/decreased from data, and specifies steps to ensure the safety of the individual and others in the Behavior Support Plan
Assures all required forms (Informed Consent, Annual Assessment, Data, etc.) are completed prior to submission to the HRC committee.
Reviews all behavior support plans for any chemical restraints prior to submission to HRC committee for approval.
Maintains all required documentation of activities and ability to do TCM.
Provides specific individualized training on each positive/restrictive measure in a Behavior Support Plan with the providers (residential, ADS, contract agencies, etc.) prior to serving the individual.
Serves as a non-voting member of HRC.
Organizes and coordinates 90 Day reviews with ISC, BSC, and team to determine if restrictive measures should continue, be revised, or be discontinued.
Furthers the mission of the FCBDD by communicating in a courteous and professional manner any employment-related data, reports, and other information with individuals receiving supports, their families and friends as well as with co-workers, supervisors and members of the community. Actively promotes good public relations with parents, advocates, community organizations, businesses, professionals, other school districts, Job and Family Services, other agencies and other county board staff.
Presents the Behavior Support Plan to the HRC committee to explain risk of harm, previous strategies utilized, and restrictive measures being implemented.
Submits to HRC committee documentation based upon assessment that clearly indicates risk of harm described in observable and measurable terms.
Provides presentations and information concerning the Board, department and work unit in accordance with Board philosophy and mission. May be asked to provide/participate in activities internal and external to the agency. Participates in and provides in-service training as may be required.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of three years paid full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience in developing and/or implementing behavior support and/or risk reduction strategies or plans.
- Eligible for, obtains and maintains required DODD Certification
- Knowledge about working with and understanding the dynamics of families
- Holds certification or becomes certified to teach course(s) to assist staff, parent/guardians and individuals in non-physical support of behaviors
- Maintains a valid, Ohio driver’s license and a driving record with less than 6 points and acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Communicates verbally and in written form in an objective, professional manner
FLSA: Non-exempt from overtime
STATUS: Classified, Civil service
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One (1) calendar year
FOUR REASONS’ BAKERY & DELI
Part-time flexible positions
No evenings :)
135 W. Main St.
We’re in the heart of downtown
Seasonal Greenhouse Employment Opportunity
About us NightCrawler Gardens LLC is a local family owned business. We opened our retail in 2004, making 2017 our 14th season. In 2014 we expanded into growing and delivering herb plants to other regional garden centers. Since then, we have added three more greenhouses - we now have five. Our growth depends on repeat customers which respond to a combination of our quality products, service they receive from our employees, and the overall satisfaction they get from shopping with us.
Responsibilities We are looking for part-time team members from February through the end of June. Continuing employment is a possibility. Starting pay is $8.50 per hour. We will train you on the jobs that you are expected to perform.
Duties may include:
Propagation, both seed and vegetative Transplanting Moving, inventorying and organizing stock Loading deliveries Keeping retail clean, organized and well stocked Mixing media Watering
In short, you can be involved in most aspects of running a greenhouse. Much of the work is in production and is repetitive. Opportunities to learn, however, are abundant. They are dependent on your participation and effort.
Requirements Show up on time and ready to start. We have the flexibility to work with your class schedule. Please realize that as a small business we rely on each person working the hours they are committed to unless there is an emergency. Your job is physical and requires very frequent bending, grabbing and lifting. You must be fit. We will furnish you with company t-shirts for working in our retail. Please wear clean, neat clothing. Torn, loose or excessively baggy clothing are a hazard and unacceptable. You must wear closed toe shoes or boots. You will work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold and sometimes rain. Please bring sunscreen and drinking water. It is important that you are able to get along well with customers and the rest of the staff to be a cohesive part of our team. We have a very social, caring, and outgoing staff.
Please contact us if you have any questions and to obtain an application if you are interested.
Jason England, Owner
NightCrawler Gardens LLC 1700 Pleasantville Rd. NE Pleasantville, Ohio 43148 740-862-6336
Balestra, Harr & Scherer, CPAs, Inc.
Division of BHM CPA Group
We are seeking a talented staff accountant for a full‐time position in our Circleville, office. This position will offer a wide range of experiences and professional development opportunities.
Position Summary: Monthly general ledger work Financial statement preparation Payroll tax preparation Individual tax preparation Business tax preparation Desired Qualifications: 2 or 4 year college degree Experience with Quickbooks Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Organization skills and attention to detail Ability to multi‐task Excellent work habits Compensation for this position will be based on experience level. We also offer a full benefits package.
Please apply on our website at bhmcpagroup.com or email resumes to email@example.com
PETLAND SALES SUPERVISOR
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for developing a positive Petland culture on the sales floor that results in a team of Pet Counselors delivering the Petland Mission to customers in a fun and educational way.
- Complete all job activities and actions with the goal of exceeding customer and owner expectations.
- Demonstrate desire and ability to create value for customers.
- Focus effort to attain clear, timely, and measurable outcomes of importance to the business.
- Be aware of store’s sales objectives and progress.
- Persist despite obstacles and opposition to close outstanding issues.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Utilize strong communication skills, both oral and written, to create a positive experience for employees and customers.
- Efficiently prioritize daily activities to accomplish goals.
- Ensure all transactions are accurate
- Make effective decisions by gathering relevant information, seeking input from others, and logically considering a broad range of factor in resolving an issue.
- Perform basic math skills including strong use of algebra.
- Work with a team of employees as well as other department heads and customers to ensure that business goals are met.
- Demonstrate mature and professional behavior in every situation.
- Dependable and responsible performance.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Does not require external encouragement to perform job duties.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel and other store specific computer hardware and software programs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Supervise and direct sales floor activities ensuring customers receive excellent service. This includes handling all customer complaints and refunds.
- Ensure all pets are properly cared for and accounted for. Ensure feeding/care charts are posted, notes left for employees when there is an issue with a pet, etc.
- Discuss and review daily Employee Expectation Sheets with each employee.
- Work with Sales Manager to ensure all sales employees are properly trained and effective.
- Complete new employee week 1 and 2 training with all sales employees.
- Maintain training summary sheet to see at a glance who is where in the training process.
- Complete Customer Service section of CAPs with all employees.
- Provide Performance Feedback in a timely manner and in writing with employees not meeting objectives. This includes explaining impact on the store profitability, customer service, and pet care.
- Must have a floor presence and constantly direct Pet Counselors toward customer interaction.
- Ensure that employees maintain strong customer counts, high average tickets and dollars per hour.
- Monitor and affect sales by department and sub-department, as well as the ratios between pets and the corresponding supplies.
- Create a fun and enthusiastic work environment for employees and customers.
- Celebrate puppy sales and complete fish and reptile sales in the store, on Facebook , and on GroupMe as they occur.
- Add entries into incentive drawing daily, if applicable.
- If kids are in store and employees are available, run impromptu events like hamster races, puppy mascot, etc. Use sidewalk to draw in crowds from restaurants.
- Maintain a positive attitude no matter what is happening. (smiles, calm, positive interactions)
- Correct and redirect employees when necessary – all employees are to keep negative thoughts and opinions about customers and situations to themselves. Coach them to talk with a manager in private about any concerns they have and be prepared with options for solutions.
- Resolve customer product issues and forward puppy issues to kennel manager for resolution. Follow-up to ensure concerns are addressed and resolved. Use feedback to teach employees better, more accurate sales techniques.
- Balance and correct nightly Daily Sales Report before leaving.
- Must maintain a high standard of appearance and professionalism for ones self and employees by maintaining good hygiene and the Petland uniform.
- Positively affect community relationships.
- Ensure that merchandise remains organized, clean, and stocked from storeroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or store franchisee representative.
November 14, 17, 21 & 22 at 10 am – 7 pm at Lancaster Eat Main Street location. We are NOW HIRING for BOTH Lancaster locations.
Age 14 and up. Looking for all shifts
60-80 positions to be filled.
Please come and join our great family!
Free meals, Benefits, Flexible Scheduling, Promotions
Law Offices of Jason M. Donnell, LLC is seeking to hire - on a temporary basis, with potential for on-going employment - an administrative assistant.
Job duties would be answering phones, assisting in drafting letters, photocopying court pleadings to be filed with Court, organizing files, etc. Would consist of 25-30 hours per week. Looking for help for at least the next 2-4 weeks, but the right fit may find on-going employment.
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Jason M. Donnell
Law Offices of Jason M. Donnell, LLC
118 South Pearl Ave.Lancaster, OH 43130
Fairfield Homes, Inc.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports to: Controller
Work Location: Home Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Summary: The IT Support Technician will provide technical support, installation, maintenance and training to the entire organization.
- Provides day to day technical support to all users, as the first point of contact
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Configures desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and/or Smartphones
- Implements the delivery and setup of computers and computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, etc.
- Works with hardware vendors to quickly repair or replace broken hardware products
- Reviews, monitors and upgrades existing PCs or installs new PCs
- Installs and maintains software, hardware, patches/fixes and upgrades to meet user needs
- Supports the use of programs including but not limited to: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Travels to properties throughout Ohio, as needed
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end users
- Conducts training on the use of PC and software applications
- Work with third-party vendor for IT network system issues and access Maintains a daily status log on support requests
- 3 years minimum IT customer support role
- 3 years minimum resolving issues with customers at remote sites
- 3+ years working in a Windows network environment
- 3+ years working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Wireless network support experience
- Industry certifications preferred (A+, Network+, MCSA, MCP, etc.)
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS, iPhone, iPads, SharePoint
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to professionally communicate with the entire organization
The above duties are subject to change based on the needs of the facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer providing opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or veteran status. All personnel actions including recruitment, employment, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, layoffs, company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs will continue to be administered in accordance with the principals of equal employment opportunity.
Interested candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740/681-4370
The YMCA of Lancaster and Fairfield County is now hiring part-time instructors (2-4 hrs/week) for their newly restructured Gymnastics Program!! For More information please contact Paula Canup or Sarah Todd at:
(740) 277-7373 or
FedEx Ground is now hiring seasonal package handlers.
If you would like to stay past the holiday season, FedEx Ground may have
full-time and part-time opportunities available that fit your needs!
Up to to start
Permanent package handlers enjoy many perks, such as:
• medical, dental and vision benefits as well as vacation and holiday pay, after completion
of an eligibility period • pay increases within the first six months of employment
• career advancement opportunities in our
“promote from within” environment
• participation in the company’s tuition assistance program
Find out why FedEx has been recognized by:
• FORTUNE: World’s Most Admired Companies
• The Reputation Institute: Most Reputable Big Companies (America)
• Forbes/The Reputation Institute: World’s Most Reputable Companies
• Barron’s: The World’s Best CEOs
• Corporate Responsibility Magazine: Best Corporate Citizens
• Black Enterprise Magazine: 40 Best Companies for Diversity
• Forbes: World’s Most Valuable Brands #80
• InformationWeek: 100 Top Tech. Innovators
All interested individuals must attend a sort observation at a facility prior to applying for the package
For more information or to register for a sort observation, go to www.WatchASort.com.
FedEx Ground - SP
6840 Pontius Road
Groveport, Ohio 43125
**Ask about our Referral bonus**
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Columbus, OH
Employment Status: Intern
The Graphic Design intern will assist in designing, developing and editing new and innovative ideas and formats to convey and present the Brand to the customer. Develops or acquires the images used in a variety of creative projects, including advertisements, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, style guides, press kits, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, websites, promotional displays and signage, or any other corporate communications. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and other elements.
Ø Strong computer skills and fluency with Mac platform, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Ø Ability to work and adjust to a fast-paced and changing work environment
Ø Ability to meet tight deadlines
Ø Creative and Imaginative skills required
Ø Contemporary in the newest, most modern trends in typography, design, photography and color
Ø Strong knowledge of all phases and processes of production from design to print and press ready art
TO APPLY - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/corporate-careers/
Job Title: Copywriter Intern
Location: Columbus, OH
Employment Status: Intern
As a Copywriter intern you will; Write and compose copy for a wide variety of mediums, including social, video, print, and interactive. Proof-read and edit material to ensure accuracy and precision prior to publishing. Assist Creative team in brainstorming new ideas and concepts for future content.
Ø Prior Copywriter experience (Internship, etc.) a plus
Ø Knowledge of the mechanics of writing: punctuation, spelling, structure and organization of writing
Ø Flexible, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ø Critical and creative thinking skills
Ø Attention to detail
Ø Time management, ability to meet tight deadlines
Ø Effective communication – both verbal and written
Ø Active listening skills
TO APPLY - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/corporate-careers/
Position Title: Manager, Events and Special Programs
Accountable To: President
Pickerington Area Chamber events and programs play a key role in positioning and promoting the benefits of membership for our members and to the community. The Manager, Events and Special Programs is responsible for working effectively with the President and volunteers to flawlessly deliver event programs that drive client results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Manager, Events and Special Programs will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management, attention to detail, should thrive under pressure, maintain focus, and have a passion for event production and logistics.
The Manager, Events and Special Programs will be accountable for the following:
Directly plan, organize, conduct committees and final execution of all Pickerington Area Chamber Events & Special Programs:
Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet (Jan-Feb)
Community Expo (August)
Women’s Leadership Coalition (Monthly)
Golf Tournament (May)
Membership Luncheons (Monthly)
Lunch Mob (Monthly)
Pizza Wars (TBD)
Ambassador Meeting (Monthly)
Additional events as assigned
a) Manage all aspects of the event operations, from initial briefing to reconciliation.
b) Select catering member for the event and select menu
c) Visit event venues to plan layout of seating and coordination of Audio/Visual
d) Schedule and coordinate with speakers to ensure all details for event are prepared
e) Edit and design all event marketing materials
f) Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
g) Initiate and coordinate all efforts to publicize events
The mission of the Pickerington Area Chamber is to connect business, government, and the community to drive prosperity for the Pickerington region.
h) Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and post-event evaluations
i) In conjunction with President, manage committees to maximize engagement of volunteer members. Shares in developing the event agenda and scripts.
j) Assists with all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, including: marketing and media, hospitality, special invitations, speaking opportunities, event collateral distribution, signage, post-event reports, on-site promotions, PR opportunities, ongoing correspondence, etc.
k) Be proactive with ideas to engage membership.
l) Conduct regular evaluations of event and recommend creative solutions to maintain event freshness.
m) Perform additional tasks as directed.
Essential Skills and Experience
1) A minimum of 2-years business experience, preferably in a non-profit.
2) Passion for the Pickerington are Business Community.
3) Experience coordinating special events, promotions and marketing programs.
4) Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines.
5) Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/events at one time.
6) Passion for events, community-building, promotions and out-of-the-box thinking.
7) Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively – both orally and in writing – to people at all levels.
8) Ability to work independently while maintaining motivation and passion.
9) Ability to effectively motivate and influence people.
10) Ability to prioritize daily functions and deal with multiple deadlines in high volume environment.
11) Ability to think creatively and resourcefully to provide solutions to customers and management.
12) Positon will require travel to event location at times.
13) Ability to work flexible hours. (some evenings/weekends may be required)
14) Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
15) Experience with Constant Contact preferred, but not necessary.
16) Maintain a professional appearance.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time, operating office equipment, move tables and chairs, and lifting up to 30 pounds.
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Pickerington Area Chamber
107 W. Columbus St.
Pickerington, OH 43147
Position Title: Events and Special Programs Intern
Accountable To: President
Pickerington Area Chamber events and programs play a key role in positioning and promoting the benefits of membership for our members and to the community. The Events and Special Programs Intern is responsible for working effectively with the President and volunteers to flawlessly deliver event programs that drive client results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Events and Special Programs Intern will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management, attention to detail, should thrive under pressure, maintain focus, and have a passion for event production and logistics.
The Events and Special Programs Intern will be accountable for the following:
Directly plan, organize, conduct committees and final execution of the Pickerington Area Chamber Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet.
Essential Job Functions
a) Manage all aspects of the event operation, from initial briefing to reconciliation.
a. i.e. Location, catering menu, awards notification and purchase of awards, secure silent auction items, registration, design of promotional materials, etc.
b) In conjunction with President, develop and disseminate information to market and promote programs and events.
c) In conjunction with President, manage committees to maximize engagement of volunteer members. Shares in developing the event agenda and scripts.
d) Assists with all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, including: marketing and media, hospitality, special invitations, speaking opportunities, event collateral distribution, signage, post-event reports, on-site promotions, PR opportunities, ongoing correspondence, etc.
e) Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance relationships to ensure best available resources.
f) Share knowledge of best practice and new suppliers, services and venues.
g) Be proactive with ideas to engage membership.
h) Conduct regular evaluations of event and recommend creative solutions to maintain event freshness.
i) Perform additional tasks as directed.
Essential Skills and Experience
1) Experience coordinating special events, promotions and marketing programs.
2) Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines.
3) Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/events at one time.
4) Passion for events, community-building, promotions and out-of-the-box thinking.
5) Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively – both orally and in writing – to people at all levels.
6) Ability to effectively motivate and influence people.
7) Ability to prioritize daily functions and deal with multiple deadlines in high volume environment.
8) Ability to think creatively and resourcefully to provide solutions to customers and management.
9) Positon will require travel to event location at times.
10) Ability to work flexible hours.
11) Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
12) Experience with ConstantContact preferred, but not necessary.
13) Maintain a professional appearance.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time, operating office equipment, move tables and chairs, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Human Resources Internship Job Description (10/25/16)
Claypool Electric is a growing commercial and industrial design build contractor that has been in business for 62 years. A reputation for integrity, leadership in safety, and prompt project completion has made Claypool Electric one of the leading commercial electrical contractors in Ohio.
The Human Resource Intern will provide assistance with and facilitates HR processes at all business locations. This role will have wide-ranging responsibilities, including workforce development and safety initiatives assistance, employee file retention, applicant tracking, HR administrative support, and auditing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Performs customer service functions by answeringemployee requests and questions.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current;
• Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks;
• Assists with recruitment, interview, and applicant tracking process; tracks status of candidates and responds with follow up communications, screen job seeker resumes, phone screen, administers pre-employment tests, conducts reference checks, and maintain an updated internal candidate pool;
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of Workforce Development;
• Makes photocopies, processes mail faxes documents and performs other clerical functions;
• Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files;
• Prepares new employee files;
• Manage apprenticeship program documents;
• Assist with organization and execution of workforce development events as necessary;
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Director of Workforce Development, VP of Operations and/or President.
• Current sophomore or above working toward a BS, MS, or advanced degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management;
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision;
• Skilled at coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously;
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity;
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic Internet research techniques;
• Great follow-up skills;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Schedule and Pay:
This position will be a temporary assignment that is paid hourly, with the possibility for full time employment at a later date. The schedule will remain flexible and part time to allow for this person to attend classes or complete work assignments.
For consideration please forward resume to email@example.com and include HR Internship in subject line.
1275 Lancaster-Kirkersville Road
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Ohio License No. 12183
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Phone: (740) 653-5683
Fax: (740) 653-5729