Kim Jeffers, Transition Advisor, is available by appointment in the Student Services office to discuss major and career exploration, job search strategies, and online career resources. In addition, a wide variety of career services resources can be accessed at www.ohio.edu/careers. To schedule an appointment, please call 740 681-3310.
Helpful websites for your internship and job search:
Please contact Kimberly Jeffers at 740-681-3310 with any questions or further information.
Seasonal Greenhouse Employment Opportunity
About us NightCrawler Gardens LLC is a local family owned business. We opened our retail in 2004, making 2017 our 14th season. In 2014 we expanded into growing and delivering herb plants to other regional garden centers. Since then, we have added three more greenhouses - we now have five. Our growth depends on repeat customers which respond to a combination of our quality products, service they receive from our employees, and the overall satisfaction they get from shopping with us.
Responsibilities We are looking for part-time team members from February through the end of June. Continuing employment is a possibility. Starting pay is $8.50 per hour. We will train you on the jobs that you are expected to perform.
Duties may include:
Propagation, both seed and vegetative Transplanting Moving, inventorying and organizing stock Loading deliveries Keeping retail clean, organized and well stocked Mixing media Watering
In short, you can be involved in most aspects of running a greenhouse. Much of the work is in production and is repetitive. Opportunities to learn, however, are abundant. They are dependent on your participation and effort.
Requirements Show up on time and ready to start. We have the flexibility to work with your class schedule. Please realize that as a small business we rely on each person working the hours they are committed to unless there is an emergency. Your job is physical and requires very frequent bending, grabbing and lifting. You must be fit. We will furnish you with company t-shirts for working in our retail. Please wear clean, neat clothing. Torn, loose or excessively baggy clothing are a hazard and unacceptable. You must wear closed toe shoes or boots. You will work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold and sometimes rain. Please bring sunscreen and drinking water. It is important that you are able to get along well with customers and the rest of the staff to be a cohesive part of our team. We have a very social, caring, and outgoing staff.
Please contact us if you have any questions and to obtain an application if you are interested.
Jason England, Owner
NightCrawler Gardens LLC 1700 Pleasantville Rd. NE Pleasantville, Ohio 43148 740-862-6336
Balestra, Harr & Scherer, CPAs, Inc.
Division of BHM CPA Group
We are seeking a talented staff accountant for a full‐time position in our Circleville, office. This position will offer a wide range of experiences and professional development opportunities.
Position Summary: Monthly general ledger work Financial statement preparation Payroll tax preparation Individual tax preparation Business tax preparation Desired Qualifications: 2 or 4 year college degree Experience with Quickbooks Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Organization skills and attention to detail Ability to multi‐task Excellent work habits Compensation for this position will be based on experience level. We also offer a full benefits package.
Please apply on our website at bhmcpagroup.com or email resumes to email@example.com
PETLAND SALES SUPERVISOR
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for developing a positive Petland culture on the sales floor that results in a team of Pet Counselors delivering the Petland Mission to customers in a fun and educational way.
- Complete all job activities and actions with the goal of exceeding customer and owner expectations.
- Demonstrate desire and ability to create value for customers.
- Focus effort to attain clear, timely, and measurable outcomes of importance to the business.
- Be aware of store’s sales objectives and progress.
- Persist despite obstacles and opposition to close outstanding issues.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Utilize strong communication skills, both oral and written, to create a positive experience for employees and customers.
- Efficiently prioritize daily activities to accomplish goals.
- Ensure all transactions are accurate
- Make effective decisions by gathering relevant information, seeking input from others, and logically considering a broad range of factor in resolving an issue.
- Perform basic math skills including strong use of algebra.
- Work with a team of employees as well as other department heads and customers to ensure that business goals are met.
- Demonstrate mature and professional behavior in every situation.
- Dependable and responsible performance.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Does not require external encouragement to perform job duties.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel and other store specific computer hardware and software programs.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Supervise and direct sales floor activities ensuring customers receive excellent service. This includes handling all customer complaints and refunds.
- Ensure all pets are properly cared for and accounted for. Ensure feeding/care charts are posted, notes left for employees when there is an issue with a pet, etc.
- Discuss and review daily Employee Expectation Sheets with each employee.
- Work with Sales Manager to ensure all sales employees are properly trained and effective.
- Complete new employee week 1 and 2 training with all sales employees.
- Maintain training summary sheet to see at a glance who is where in the training process.
- Complete Customer Service section of CAPs with all employees.
- Provide Performance Feedback in a timely manner and in writing with employees not meeting objectives. This includes explaining impact on the store profitability, customer service, and pet care.
- Must have a floor presence and constantly direct Pet Counselors toward customer interaction.
- Ensure that employees maintain strong customer counts, high average tickets and dollars per hour.
- Monitor and affect sales by department and sub-department, as well as the ratios between pets and the corresponding supplies.
- Create a fun and enthusiastic work environment for employees and customers.
- Celebrate puppy sales and complete fish and reptile sales in the store, on Facebook , and on GroupMe as they occur.
- Add entries into incentive drawing daily, if applicable.
- If kids are in store and employees are available, run impromptu events like hamster races, puppy mascot, etc. Use sidewalk to draw in crowds from restaurants.
- Maintain a positive attitude no matter what is happening. (smiles, calm, positive interactions)
- Correct and redirect employees when necessary – all employees are to keep negative thoughts and opinions about customers and situations to themselves. Coach them to talk with a manager in private about any concerns they have and be prepared with options for solutions.
- Resolve customer product issues and forward puppy issues to kennel manager for resolution. Follow-up to ensure concerns are addressed and resolved. Use feedback to teach employees better, more accurate sales techniques.
- Balance and correct nightly Daily Sales Report before leaving.
- Must maintain a high standard of appearance and professionalism for ones self and employees by maintaining good hygiene and the Petland uniform.
- Positively affect community relationships.
- Ensure that merchandise remains organized, clean, and stocked from storeroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or store franchisee representative.
ON-CALL JUVENILE PROBATION /SURVEILLANCE OFFICER
Fairfield County Juvenile & Probate Court is seeking a full time, (40 hour per week) On-Call Juvenile Probation/Surveillance Officer. The person filling the position will be responsible for in-field monitoring, mentoring delinquent and unruly youth under the jurisdiction of the court and will be responsible for enforcing court orders issued by the Judge and magistrate. The Probation officer will also assess the youth and family members and make appropriate and necessary referrals to treatment programs to assist in the personal and competency development of the youth.
The mission of Fairfield County is to ensure high quality services at an exceptional value to taxpayers. The successful candidate will further the mission of the court and provide exemplary service to internal and external customers. The successful candidate must also follow County and Court policies and exhibit a professional demeanor at all times.
Candidates for this position must possess an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Sociology or Social work, or related field. The candidate must be able to read, analyze and interpret technical reports and governmental regulations. Candidates must also possess a valid Ohio Operator’s License and be of the physical condition necessary to arrest and/or detain youth when necessary.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience starting at $16.51 per hour. The typical work schedule for this position is 2:00PM-10:00PM Tuesday through Saturday and after work hours for emergency calls as needed.
Applicants should go to https://mss.co.fairfield.oh.us/AT/ and complete an online application and attach a letter of interest and resume by Friday, December 9, 2016. All applications must be submitted online. This is a repost of a prior listing, if you have already submitted a resume for this position there is no need to resubmit.
The Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities is searching for a
full time Job Training Coordinator.
This position is responsible for coordinating job-training services for the Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disability’s employment service, JobFusion and FCBDD Affiliate Partners. Also providing supervision, direction, and training to Job Trainers and affiliate partners assigned to individual training and/or at Project Search locations and Summer employment sites. This posting will expire 12/6/16. Applications must be submitted on-line before the deadline to be considered.
For job description and application visit: www.fairfieldDD.com
Bridges to Transition Specialist
Work as a team with students, intervention specialist, school special education directors, businesses, regional Bridges Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC), support staff, VR supervisor, and Bridges program manager to facilitate the transition from school to work for eligible students. This position is assigned to work in Pickaway and Madison Counties.
Educational Requirements: A candidate must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s in human services area (e.g. rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, sociology, special education, communication disorders, rehabilitation teaching) or any Bachelor’s degree with 24 months experience in the delivery of vocational rehabilitation services (e.g. job development, benefits analysis, certified vocational evaluator, vocational specialist.
November 26, 2016.
Pickaway County Board of DD
200 East High Street
Circleville, OH 43113
November 14, 17, 21 & 22 at 10 am – 7 pm at Lancaster Eat Main Street location. We are NOW HIRING for BOTH Lancaster locations.
Age 14 and up. Looking for all shifts
60-80 positions to be filled.
Please come and join our great family!
Free meals, Benefits, Flexible Scheduling, Promotions
Law Offices of Jason M. Donnell, LLC is seeking to hire - on a temporary basis, with potential for on-going employment - an administrative assistant.
Job duties would be answering phones, assisting in drafting letters, photocopying court pleadings to be filed with Court, organizing files, etc. Would consist of 25-30 hours per week. Looking for help for at least the next 2-4 weeks, but the right fit may find on-going employment.
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Jason M. Donnell
Law Offices of Jason M. Donnell, LLC
118 South Pearl Ave.Lancaster, OH 43130
Fairfield Homes, Inc.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports to: Controller
Work Location: Home Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Summary: The IT Support Technician will provide technical support, installation, maintenance and training to the entire organization.
- Provides day to day technical support to all users, as the first point of contact
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Configures desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and/or Smartphones
- Implements the delivery and setup of computers and computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, etc.
- Works with hardware vendors to quickly repair or replace broken hardware products
- Reviews, monitors and upgrades existing PCs or installs new PCs
- Installs and maintains software, hardware, patches/fixes and upgrades to meet user needs
- Supports the use of programs including but not limited to: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Travels to properties throughout Ohio, as needed
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end users
- Conducts training on the use of PC and software applications
- Work with third-party vendor for IT network system issues and access Maintains a daily status log on support requests
- 3 years minimum IT customer support role
- 3 years minimum resolving issues with customers at remote sites
- 3+ years working in a Windows network environment
- 3+ years working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Wireless network support experience
- Industry certifications preferred (A+, Network+, MCSA, MCP, etc.)
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows OS, iPhone, iPads, SharePoint
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to professionally communicate with the entire organization
The above duties are subject to change based on the needs of the facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer providing opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or veteran status. All personnel actions including recruitment, employment, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, layoffs, company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs will continue to be administered in accordance with the principals of equal employment opportunity.
Interested candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 740/681-4370
The YMCA of Lancaster and Fairfield County is now hiring part-time instructors (2-4 hrs/week) for their newly restructured Gymnastics Program!! For More information please contact Paula Canup or Sarah Todd at:
(740) 277-7373 or
The Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities is looking for a full time Educational Aide. This candidate will be responsible for continuous and constant monitoring of an assigned individual to ensure safety and welfare of individual and others. Provide assistance in implementing programs. Assist in providing structured activities and programs. Collect data on individual programs. Remain familiar with Program Implementation Plan (IEP, IFSP or ILP) and implements all programs for assigned individual. Provides physical assistance to assigned individual in areas of daily functioning including toileting, eating, dressing, mobility and hygiene. Assist in the development and implementation of behavior support including observation, data collection, direct intervention and preparing and maintaining written records. Responsible for loading and unloading assigned individual onto and off of bus.
Candidate should possess a High school diploma or GED.
This position will expire on 11/21/16.
Please apply at www.fairfieldDD.com
FedEx Ground is now hiring seasonal package handlers.
If you would like to stay past the holiday season, FedEx Ground may have
full-time and part-time opportunities available that fit your needs!
Up to to start
Permanent package handlers enjoy many perks, such as:
• medical, dental and vision benefits as well as vacation and holiday pay, after completion
of an eligibility period • pay increases within the first six months of employment
• career advancement opportunities in our
“promote from within” environment
• participation in the company’s tuition assistance program
Find out why FedEx has been recognized by:
• FORTUNE: World’s Most Admired Companies
• The Reputation Institute: Most Reputable Big Companies (America)
• Forbes/The Reputation Institute: World’s Most Reputable Companies
• Barron’s: The World’s Best CEOs
• Corporate Responsibility Magazine: Best Corporate Citizens
• Black Enterprise Magazine: 40 Best Companies for Diversity
• Forbes: World’s Most Valuable Brands #80
• InformationWeek: 100 Top Tech. Innovators
All interested individuals must attend a sort observation at a facility prior to applying for the package
For more information or to register for a sort observation, go to www.WatchASort.com.
FedEx Ground - SP
6840 Pontius Road
Groveport, Ohio 43125
**Ask about our Referral bonus**
Posting Date: 10/14/16
Job Title: Production Assistant Intern
Location: Columbus, OH
Employment Status: Intern
Thirty-One is a collection of Direct Selling brands that includes Jewell and JK by Thirty-One. We offer exclusive on-trend, stylish and practical handbags, fashion accessories, totes, jewelry, and organization solutions. We are a faith-based company whose culture celebrates, encourages, and rewards its employees. We believe that if someone is satisfied and successful at work, they will be satisfied and successful in other areas of their life. Our goal is to help all employees achieve personal and professional success and that they feel part of a family and part of something special.
The Photo/Video Intern supports the photo/video studio. This department is responsible for all aspects of in-house video
and photo production and provides production support for all areas of the Marketing & Communications groups. This
department produces a variety of photo and video products and formats. Under supervision of the Studio Manager and in support of the videographers, photographers, visual merchandisers, and studio producer, the intern will support areas
including: product sample pulling; steaming and stuffing product for video/photo shoots, assisting with equipment
transport, assisting with video/photo shoots, and many other duties as assigned.
Ø Support team in providing media production support for all areas of the Marketing and Communications groups
Ø Demonstrates Thirty-One core values by being flexible, collaborative, and authentic
Ø Creates and provides direction on all video content – internal and external – in alignment with overall creative
goals and marketing strategies
Ø Collaborates in the creative design and media production process to effectively communicate the intended
message and engage internal and external stakeholders
Ø Researches, identifies and consults on the use of external resources (e.g. video production agency, freelancers,
Ø Provides consultation and recommendations related to media promotions and resources
Ø Provides consultation for shooting, editing, and duplication process, including planning and management of
Ø Pursuing degree in Marketing, Film/Television or related field
Ø Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ø Ability to deliver superior quality in fast-paced environment
Ø Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships
Ø Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments and remain calm in stressful situations
Ø Ability to be professional, reliable, flexible, and collaborative
Ø Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects Working Environment
Ø Office or off-site venues for location shoots.
Ø Position requires intern to be available to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Ø May be required to carry equipment weighing over 30 pounds for extended periods of time
Ø May be required to transport and assemble various video and audio equipment on location
TO APPLY - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/corporate-careers/
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Columbus, OH
Employment Status: Intern
The Graphic Design intern will assist in designing, developing and editing new and innovative ideas and formats to convey and present the Brand to the customer. Develops or acquires the images used in a variety of creative projects, including advertisements, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, style guides, press kits, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, websites, promotional displays and signage, or any other corporate communications. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and other elements.
Ø Strong computer skills and fluency with Mac platform, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Ø Ability to work and adjust to a fast-paced and changing work environment
Ø Ability to meet tight deadlines
Ø Creative and Imaginative skills required
Ø Contemporary in the newest, most modern trends in typography, design, photography and color
Ø Strong knowledge of all phases and processes of production from design to print and press ready art
TO APPLY - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/corporate-careers/
Job Title: Copywriter Intern
Location: Columbus, OH
Employment Status: Intern
As a Copywriter intern you will; Write and compose copy for a wide variety of mediums, including social, video, print, and interactive. Proof-read and edit material to ensure accuracy and precision prior to publishing. Assist Creative team in brainstorming new ideas and concepts for future content.
Ø Prior Copywriter experience (Internship, etc.) a plus
Ø Knowledge of the mechanics of writing: punctuation, spelling, structure and organization of writing
Ø Flexible, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ø Critical and creative thinking skills
Ø Attention to detail
Ø Time management, ability to meet tight deadlines
Ø Effective communication – both verbal and written
Ø Active listening skills
TO APPLY - http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/corporate-careers/
Position Title: Manager, Events and Special Programs
Accountable To: President
Pickerington Area Chamber events and programs play a key role in positioning and promoting the benefits of membership for our members and to the community. The Manager, Events and Special Programs is responsible for working effectively with the President and volunteers to flawlessly deliver event programs that drive client results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Manager, Events and Special Programs will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management, attention to detail, should thrive under pressure, maintain focus, and have a passion for event production and logistics.
The Manager, Events and Special Programs will be accountable for the following:
Directly plan, organize, conduct committees and final execution of all Pickerington Area Chamber Events & Special Programs:
Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet (Jan-Feb)
Community Expo (August)
Women’s Leadership Coalition (Monthly)
Golf Tournament (May)
Membership Luncheons (Monthly)
Lunch Mob (Monthly)
Pizza Wars (TBD)
Ambassador Meeting (Monthly)
Additional events as assigned
a) Manage all aspects of the event operations, from initial briefing to reconciliation.
b) Select catering member for the event and select menu
c) Visit event venues to plan layout of seating and coordination of Audio/Visual
d) Schedule and coordinate with speakers to ensure all details for event are prepared
e) Edit and design all event marketing materials
f) Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
g) Initiate and coordinate all efforts to publicize events
The mission of the Pickerington Area Chamber is to connect business, government, and the community to drive prosperity for the Pickerington region.
h) Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and post-event evaluations
i) In conjunction with President, manage committees to maximize engagement of volunteer members. Shares in developing the event agenda and scripts.
j) Assists with all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, including: marketing and media, hospitality, special invitations, speaking opportunities, event collateral distribution, signage, post-event reports, on-site promotions, PR opportunities, ongoing correspondence, etc.
k) Be proactive with ideas to engage membership.
l) Conduct regular evaluations of event and recommend creative solutions to maintain event freshness.
m) Perform additional tasks as directed.
Essential Skills and Experience
1) A minimum of 2-years business experience, preferably in a non-profit.
2) Passion for the Pickerington are Business Community.
3) Experience coordinating special events, promotions and marketing programs.
4) Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines.
5) Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/events at one time.
6) Passion for events, community-building, promotions and out-of-the-box thinking.
7) Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively – both orally and in writing – to people at all levels.
8) Ability to work independently while maintaining motivation and passion.
9) Ability to effectively motivate and influence people.
10) Ability to prioritize daily functions and deal with multiple deadlines in high volume environment.
11) Ability to think creatively and resourcefully to provide solutions to customers and management.
12) Positon will require travel to event location at times.
13) Ability to work flexible hours. (some evenings/weekends may be required)
14) Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
15) Experience with Constant Contact preferred, but not necessary.
16) Maintain a professional appearance.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time, operating office equipment, move tables and chairs, and lifting up to 30 pounds.
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Pickerington Area Chamber
107 W. Columbus St.
Pickerington, OH 43147
Position Title: Events and Special Programs Intern
Accountable To: President
Pickerington Area Chamber events and programs play a key role in positioning and promoting the benefits of membership for our members and to the community. The Events and Special Programs Intern is responsible for working effectively with the President and volunteers to flawlessly deliver event programs that drive client results against established strategic objectives, timelines and financial goals. The Events and Special Programs Intern will consistently deliver exceptional service to our clients through excellent project management, attention to detail, should thrive under pressure, maintain focus, and have a passion for event production and logistics.
The Events and Special Programs Intern will be accountable for the following:
Directly plan, organize, conduct committees and final execution of the Pickerington Area Chamber Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet.
Essential Job Functions
a) Manage all aspects of the event operation, from initial briefing to reconciliation.
a. i.e. Location, catering menu, awards notification and purchase of awards, secure silent auction items, registration, design of promotional materials, etc.
b) In conjunction with President, develop and disseminate information to market and promote programs and events.
c) In conjunction with President, manage committees to maximize engagement of volunteer members. Shares in developing the event agenda and scripts.
d) Assists with all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, including: marketing and media, hospitality, special invitations, speaking opportunities, event collateral distribution, signage, post-event reports, on-site promotions, PR opportunities, ongoing correspondence, etc.
e) Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance relationships to ensure best available resources.
f) Share knowledge of best practice and new suppliers, services and venues.
g) Be proactive with ideas to engage membership.
h) Conduct regular evaluations of event and recommend creative solutions to maintain event freshness.
i) Perform additional tasks as directed.
Essential Skills and Experience
1) Experience coordinating special events, promotions and marketing programs.
2) Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines.
3) Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/events at one time.
4) Passion for events, community-building, promotions and out-of-the-box thinking.
5) Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively – both orally and in writing – to people at all levels.
6) Ability to effectively motivate and influence people.
7) Ability to prioritize daily functions and deal with multiple deadlines in high volume environment.
8) Ability to think creatively and resourcefully to provide solutions to customers and management.
9) Positon will require travel to event location at times.
10) Ability to work flexible hours.
11) Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
12) Experience with ConstantContact preferred, but not necessary.
13) Maintain a professional appearance.
Essential Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time, operating office equipment, move tables and chairs, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
The Fairfield County Board of Developmental Disabilities is looking for a full time Educational Aide. This candidate will be responsible for continuous and constant monitoring of an assigned individual to ensure safety and welfare of individual and others. Provide assistance in implementing programs. Assist in providing structured activities and programs. Collect data on individual programs. Remain familiar with Program Implementation Plan (IEP, IFSP or ILP) and implements all programs for assigned individual. Provides physical assistance to assigned individual in areas of daily functioning including toileting, eating, dressing, mobility and hygiene. Assist in the development and implementation of behavior support including observation, data collection, direct intervention and preparing and maintaining written records. Responsible for loading and unloading assigned individual onto and off of bus. Candidate should possess a High school diploma or GED.
This position will expire on 11/6/2016. Position and application can be found at:
Human Resources Internship Job Description (10/25/16)
Claypool Electric is a growing commercial and industrial design build contractor that has been in business for 62 years. A reputation for integrity, leadership in safety, and prompt project completion has made Claypool Electric one of the leading commercial electrical contractors in Ohio.
The Human Resource Intern will provide assistance with and facilitates HR processes at all business locations. This role will have wide-ranging responsibilities, including workforce development and safety initiatives assistance, employee file retention, applicant tracking, HR administrative support, and auditing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Performs customer service functions by answeringemployee requests and questions.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current;
• Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks;
• Assists with recruitment, interview, and applicant tracking process; tracks status of candidates and responds with follow up communications, screen job seeker resumes, phone screen, administers pre-employment tests, conducts reference checks, and maintain an updated internal candidate pool;
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of Workforce Development;
• Makes photocopies, processes mail faxes documents and performs other clerical functions;
• Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files;
• Prepares new employee files;
• Manage apprenticeship program documents;
• Assist with organization and execution of workforce development events as necessary;
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Director of Workforce Development, VP of Operations and/or President.
• Current sophomore or above working toward a BS, MS, or advanced degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management;
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision;
• Skilled at coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously;
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity;
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic Internet research techniques;
• Great follow-up skills;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Schedule and Pay:
This position will be a temporary assignment that is paid hourly, with the possibility for full time employment at a later date. The schedule will remain flexible and part time to allow for this person to attend classes or complete work assignments.
For consideration please forward resume to email@example.com and include HR Internship in subject line.
1275 Lancaster-Kirkersville Road
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Ohio License No. 12183
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Phone: (740) 653-5683
Fax: (740) 653-5729