Graduation Recognition Ceremony | Fall 2021
It is with great anticipation and excitement that Ohio University Lancaster | Pickerington welcomes the Fall 2021 graduation class to a special, in-person* Graduation Recognition Ceremony. We are also very excited to be inviting our graduates from Spring 2020 to this event.
Date: Thursday, December 9th
Registration Begins: 6 p.m.
Ceremony Begins: 7 p.m.
Place: Gymnasium | Brasee Hall
If you are a graduate wishing to attend the Lancaster Graduation Recognition Event, please complete the following form.
Ohio University Lancaster | Pickerington is currently fluid in planning and monitoring safety guidelines. However, the following facts are confirmed about the upcoming, in-person Graduation Recognition Ceremony.
- All graduates, guests and staff are required to wear a medical (cloth) face covering at all times while inside Brasee Hall. Clear face shields alone will not be permitted.
- Ohio University’s public health measures, require face coverings for all individuals in indoor public spaces on OHIO campuses and on public transportation.
- Vaccination status of students, guests or staff as they enter Brasee Hall will not be checked. However, we encourage all students, guests and staff to be fully vaccinated by December 11th.
- Each student may only bring 6 guests to the ceremony. The event is a ticket event. We encourage families/guests to social distance from other parties not in their household.
- Students should be wearing their regalia upon arrival at the event. The campus will not be able to provide spaces for changing into regalia due to our guidelines to maintain appropriate social distancing and to keep everyone in attendance safe.
- Graduates and Guests will be asked to maintain appropriate social distancing in registration lines, processional lines and photo opportunity line.
- Guests (limited to 6) will be escorted to their seating location by ushers and be seated together; children ages 2 and under may sit on a guest’s lap. No re-entry will be permitted if guests exit the event location.
- If you or your guest(s) require accessibility accommodations, please confirm with Brandy Bailey at email@example.com
About the Ceremony
The ceremony length will be approximately 1 hour in length and will include the following:
- Invocation & National Anthem
- Welcome by Dean Jarrod Tudor
- Greeting by Ohio University President
- Welcome by Coordinating Council Chair
- Student Speaker
- Guest Speaker
- Presentation of Graduates (reading of graduate names)
- Closing Remarks & Playing Alma Mater
Registration opens at 6:15 p.m. Graduates should maintain social distancing while in registration line. Guests will need to register as well and will be ushered to their seats in the gymnasium. Cords and military stoles (if ordered) will be available at a separate table. Programs for guests will be placed on seating.
Live streaming will be available for those unable to attend the in-person ceremony.
Cap & Gown Packages
Regalia is required for the in-person ceremony. You may not participate in person without Ohio University issued regalia. No regalia sales will occur at the ceremony venue.
Any graduating student may purchase regalia, regardless of their ceremony participation. Individual items may be purchased if a student desires a souvenir or replacement item. Visit https://ohio.shopoakhalli.com/. Orders must be placed by November 20th. Student regalia will be mailed to student’s home address; no regalia will be available for pick-up at the campus.
Order Deadline: Saturday, November 20th
Note: Be sure to purchase your regalia before the order deadline to ensure on-time delivery. Shipping delays have been experienced and are common because of COVID. Gowns feature distinct styles for Associate/Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees. A Bachelor gown may not be worn at the graduate/masters ceremony.
Your guests may take photos during the ceremony, but we ask that they remain seated during the ceremony so not to disturb other guests who are trying to see their graduate.
A selfie station will be available to get a special shot with a Rufus cutout.
There should be many opportunities to capture a popular family photo or selfie around the Ohio University Lancaster | Pickerington campus. Be sure to hashtag #OHIOgrad2021 to share your memories!
Late Fall in Central Ohio is very unpredictable. Please come prepared for variations in weather conditions.
Watch the Lancaster campus webpage in the case of severe inclement weather for any update on the event.
Personal Health Screening: All guests entering the Graduate Recognition Ceremony area are advised to conduct a personal health screening before arriving to campus. Those who feel ill, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who have tested positive themselves, must stay home. Click here to learn more about the CDC’s health guidelines.
Social Distancing and Mask Requirements: Masks will be required for all students and guests in attendance. This event will adhere to proper social distancing of three feet apart. Graduates and guests will be seated together, six feet apart from other guests, unless otherwise noted in the registration.
Sanitization: Hand sanitizers will be present at every entrance. Additionally, grounds staff will disinfect all seating prior to the ceremony.
This ceremony will follow all guidelines outlined by the State of Ohio, Governor Mike Dewine and Ohio University COVID protocols. Safety protocols will be given to students and guests prior to the ceremony.
Ohio University Commencement
Ohio University plans to conduct an in-person Fall Commencement event at Convocation Center on 95 Richland Avenue, Athens, Ohio 45701. Students are welcome to attend the Athens event. Visit the commencement website to learn more.
Dates: Saturday, December 11 @ 2 pm
RSVP Due: Wednesday, March 17th
Contact Brandy Bailey | firstname.lastname@example.org | 740-681-3323