Summer 2018 KoC Camps!
Summer Camp season is HERE!
This year we will have two separate summer camp opportunities.
First, our on-campus summer camp.
This camp is offered to students at our partner school districts. These are: Alexander Local, Athens City (elementary students only), Federal Hocking Local (middle and high school students only), Southern-Perry Local, and Trimble Local (elementary and middle school students only).
The dates for our on-campus summer camp will be Monday through Friday, beginning on June 11th and ending on June 29th.
Here are some more details:
- KoC is a FREE program for kids who have completed a year of Kindergarden through 11th grades within our partner school districts. Priority is given to kids who receive free/reduced lunch or have academic need. We do, however, accept applications from all children in qualifying school districts: Alexander Local, Athens City (elementary students only), Federal Hocking Local (middle and high school students only), Southern-Perry Local, and Trimble Local (elementary and middle school students only).
- We provide breakfast and lunch daily.
- Students will participate in a variety of activities, including: swimming, recreation, reading, science, nature, and art!
- Field trips and special events will be offered!
- Camp will operate daily, Monday to Friday. Transportation is provided from area bus stops.
- Current 6th through 11th graders (our "Teen Camp") have additional opportunities to explore college and career options.
Second, an integrated camp site at Beacon School.
Through a continuing partnership with the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities, we will again offer an integreated summer camp site at Beacon School. This camp is available to students who are served by the Athens County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
The dates for the Beacon Camp site are Monday through Friday, June 18th through the 29th, and July 9th through 20th.
Details for this site include:
- FREE services provided to eligible students.
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily.
- Activities include swimming, social-emotional skill development, recreation, and hands-on science and art activities.
- Special events!
Informational flyers and applications will be distributed through the schools at the end of March.
Kids on Campus Contact