Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is ready to answer questions about how to access, set up, and use various technology tools that help you teach online (e.g., Blackboard support).
OIT staff is available for:
Office of Instructional Innovation
The Office of Instructional Innovation (OII) has resources available to answer questions about how to provide best practices for teaching and learning, instructional design, and supporting online students. You can brainstorm ways to amend classroom activities to make them work online.
OII staff is available for ongoing support as needed.
University Libraries staff can help you make sure your students have access to the readings and other content you assign, help you with assignments that require students to use library resources, and assist you in embedding your librarian or library resources into Blackboard.
Libraries staff is available for online chat support.
Remote Teaching Coordinators
Remote Teaching Coordinators (RTC) have been established for each college to support faculty in transitioning courses to remote and/or online teaching. In addition to this group, a growing list of faculty have volunteered to help their peers with this transition. Please reach out to these resources for support as needed.
Reach out to the following contacts if you have questions about anything from technical systems to pedagogical and teaching practices to supporting your students.
Best Practices in Instructional Design
Library staff can help you with:
- Finding the appropriate links for electronic copies of course readings, videos, etc. and linking to them inside Blackboard.
- Creating Course Guides or tutorials for your research assignments.
- Embedding Subject or Course Guides (LibGuides) in Blackboard.
- Embedding your subject librarian in Blackboard for synchronous or asynchronous work with your students.
- Synchronous or asynchronous instruction on information concepts or library resources.
You can Chat with the Libraries during the following times:
- Mondays–Thursdays, 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 12:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.