Events Requiring Approval: Films

Films on videotape and/or DVD that are rented from local video rental stores are for home use only. Public showing of tapes and/or DVDs rented in this manner violates copyright law and subjects the sponsoring organization to possible civil and/or criminal action. Contact the Campus Involvement Center in 355 Baker University Center, 593-4025 for information on purchasing the rights to show a film.

Should an organization want to show an x-rated or un-rated film, the organization must contact Char Kopchick at 740-593-4742 or for approval. The Advisor and President must sign a waiver indicating their understanding that the presentation of the particular film may violate local, state, or federal low relative to pandering obscenity (Pandering Obscenity-2907.32 of the Ohio Revised Code.