Student Organizations Finances
The Campus Involvement Center aims to provide all student organizations with the support needed to maintain financial health. In addition to the CIC, student organizations can expect to work with the Office of the Bursar for depositing income and the Senate Appropriations Commission (SAC) for funding opportunities. All student organizations are provided a university bank account. External bank accounts are prohibited. Student organizations can access the Treasurer’s Manual here or book an appointment for financial support here.
Before making purchases, student organization members should always ensure there are appropriate funds in their student organization account. Student organizations can purchase items in two ways:
- Book an appointment with the CIC to use a University Purchasing Card (p-card). This process works the same way as using a personal credit card except funds come directly out of a student organization account.
- A member or organization can use their personal funds and be reimbursed by the organization. Complete a disbursement voucher to request reimbursement.
If you are paying an individual or business for service or if there is a contract involved, contact the CIC for assistance.
Besides fundraising and dues as income-producing activities, student organizations can apply for Senate Appropriation Commission (SAC) funding via the finance tool on Bobcat Connect. SAC is a student-run funding body, which means that all funding decisions are made by students. There are two types of SAC funding: bi-weekly and semesterly. Bi-weekly requests have a $1,500 cap per event per application and must be made for programs happening the semester the request is made. Semesterly requests have no funding cap and must be made the semester before the request is made. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Spring 2022 SAC Trainings:
- SAC Bi-Weekly Funding Workshop: September 14, 2022, 12:00-1:00 pm; Baker 366; RSVP Here
- SAC Semesterly Funding Workshop: November 9, 2022, 12:00 - 1:00pm; Baker 230; RSVP Here
Bi-Weekly Funding Application Deadlines (all applications due by 5 PM EST)
- September 9th, 2022
- September 23rd, 2022
- October 7th, 2022
- October 21st, 2022
- October 24th,2022
- November 4th, 2022
- November 18th, 2022
- December 2nd, 2022
Semesterly Funding Application Information
- November 11th, 2022 at 5:00 pm
- Decisions: November 13th, 2022
SAC Advising Times
- Mondays from 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Thursdays from 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Book an appointment here
How to access the SAC application
Please watch this brief video to learn how to access the SAC application on Bobcat Connect.
Tips and advice for student organizations regarding price documentation in budget requests.
Supplementary review of price documentation examples.
Checking Your Balance
The Student Organizations OHIO Funds Available View can be used to view receipts, expenditures and remaining funds available for an organization.
Complete a Deposit Slip, (which can be obtained from the Student Organizations window of the Office of the Bursar, 010 Chubb Hall), with the following information:
- Organization’s name
- Account number
- Deposit amount
- Coins must be rolled with the organization’s name and account number indicated on the rolls
- Checks must be endorsed with the organization’s name and account number
- Treasurer’s signature
Checks/disbursement Vouchers are handled by the Campus Involvement Center. Refer to their site for additional information.