Learn about the current cohort of Pepsi Scholars and the staff supporting them.
Pepsi Leadership Program
The Pepsi Leadership Program is a year-long development program for second-year students. The mission of the program is to develop civically engaged students with a nuanced understanding and approach to leadership. Through critically evaluating contemporary leadership models, characteristics, and assumptions, members of cohort will deepen their understanding of the contextual nature of leadership. In addition to developing individual leadership skills, team-based collaborative skills are developed through a cohort-led community engagement project.
Cohort members enjoy the following benefits:
- Participation in a year-long leadership development course (2 credits per semester)
- Experiential learning through student-led community engagement project
- Access to diverse community of peers committed to individual and group leadership development
- Early residential hall move-in to attend off-campus Pepsi Leadership Program retreat
- Mentorship from Pepsi Leadership Program alumni
- Scholarship award of $2,500 split over two semesters
Who is eligible?
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Second-year student status for the 2022-2023 academic year (minimum of 30 credit hours earned)
- Enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits per semester)
- Available to enroll in the in-person Fall 2022 UC 2900 class on Tu, Th from 10:30 am - 11:50 am
- Available for the Pepsi Leadership Program retreat on August 17-19 (unless you have an approved unavoidable conflict, such as RA Training, Marching 110 Training, etc.
What is the timeline?
Applications open on February 14, 2022, at 8:00 am ET. Applications are due on Friday, March 18, 2022, at 11:59 pm ET. Late applications will not be accepted. Finalist interviews will take place between March 23-25.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
History of the Pepsi Leadership Program
Funded by PepsiCo, the Pepsi Leadership Program provides twelve second-year students with a year-long leadership development opportunity and a $2,500 scholarship. Originally called the “Pepsi Scholars Program,” the Program has been housed in different offices within the Division of Student Affairs. In the summer of 2020, the program moved within the Camps Involvement Center, where its name was changed to the “Pepsi Leadership Program.” While the program has always offered co-curricular programming focused on leadership development, a formal course will be required for cohort members beginning with the 2022-2023 cohort. Students will develop a nuanced understanding and approach to leadership.