2006 International Conference on Perpetual Pavement
September 13-15 2006
Hilton Columbus at Easton
Chair's Welcome Message
On behalf of the executive and technical committees, we welcome you to the International Conference on Perpetual Pavement. The value of perpetual pavement is evident. Construction and remediation are expensive in terms of material and labor. Additionally, cost, inconenience, and hazards generated through road work are a major concern.
Government and private agencies have devoted significant resources to identify characteristics of perpetual pavements and find better ways to design and build pavements to ensure long life. At this conference, many experts will be sharing the results of their research, analysis, and implementation to the benefit of all conference participants.
One of the conference highlights is The 2005 Asphalt Pavement Alliance Perpetual Pavement Awards. The awards recognize outstanding pavement examples and will be presented at a special luncheon.
We hope you take advantage of the opportunity to meet many experts in the area of flexible pavement and to learn some of the latest knowledge and best practices.
Gayle F. Mitchell, Ph.D. P.E.
Neil D. Thomas Professor
List of Papers
- Keynote Address, Dr. Carl Monismith, University of California at Berkley
- Keynote Speaker, Dr. Michael Nunn, LaneOne Limited, UK
- A Practical Guide to Low-Volume Road Perpetual Pavement Design, David H. Timm, Auburn University
- A Practical Look at Pennsylvania's Bradford Bypass-A Perpetual Pavement, Carlos E. Rosenberg, Asphalt Institute
- Application of Perpetual Asphalt Pavement Principles for The Design and Construction of the Kandahar to Herat Highway in Afghanistan, Kent O. Lande, Louis Berger Group, Inc
- Application of the Endurance Limit Premise in Mechanistic-Empirical Based Pavement Design Procedures, Harold L. Von Quintus, Applied Research Associates
- Considering Hot-Mix Asphalt Fatigue Endurance Limit in Full-Depth Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design, Marshall R. Thompson, University of Illinois
- Evaluation of Oxidation in Asphalt Pavement Test Sections After Four Years of Service, Michael J. Farrar, Western Research Institute
- Fatigue Characteristics of Rich Bottom Bases (RBB) for Structural Design of Perpetual Pavements, S.H. Carpenter, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Feasibility of Perpetual Pavements in Developing Countries, M.A. Kamal, University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
- Flexible Pavement Response to Elastic Modulus Variation with Depth, Wael Alkasaweh, University of Akron
- Instrumentation and Analysis of a Perpetual Pavement on an Interstate Freeway in Oregon, Todd V. Scholz, Oregon State University
- Laboratory Investigation of Anisotropic Behaviour of HMA, Robert Y. Liang, University of Akron
- Methods for Determining the Endurance Limit Using Beam Fatigue Tests, E. Ray Brown, National Center for Asphalt Technology
- Mix Type Selection for Perpetual Pavements, David E. Newcomb, National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Multi-Body Dynamic Modeling of the Expected Performance of Accelerated Pavement Testing Facilities, E. Santagata, Politecnico di Torino
- Perpetual Pavement Design in China, Yongshun Yang , Administration of Shandong Provincial Communication Department & David H. Timm
- Perpetual Pavement Evaluation Using the Viscoelastic Continuum Damage Finite Element Program, Y. Richard Kim, North Carolina State University
- Perpetual Pavements:The Ontario Experiment, A.W. Brown, Ontario Hot Mix Producers Association
- Resilient Modulus Prediction Model for Fine-Grained Soils in Ohio:Preliminary Study, T. Masada, Ohio University
- Seasonal and Load Response Instrumentations of the WAY-30 Perpetual Pavements, J.Ludwig Figueroa, Ohio University
- The Dynamic Response of Kansas Perpetual Pavement Under Vehicle Loading, Stefan A. Romanoschi, Kansas State University
- The European Approach to Long Lasting Asphalt Pavements: A state-of-the-art review by ELLPAG, Mike Nunn, LaneOne Limited, UK
A CD with all conference proceedings may be purchased for the price of $10.00 plus shipping and handling. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to place an order.