Workers Compensation New Hires

Welcome to Ohio University!

In 1993 the Ohio Legislature passed House Bill 107 which changed how Ohio workers compensation injuries were treated for state employees. House Bill 107 established procedures for delivery of medical services to injured employees under the Health Partnership Program (HPP). Effective March 1, 1997, medical services must be managed by an Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation certified Managed Care Organization.

CareWorks is the managed care administrator for Ohio University for claims that occurred prior to 1/1/13. Careworks Consultants, Inc. (CCI) now assists Ohio University in managing our self-insured program. A CCI card will be distributed during your new employee orientation. This card should be carried with you at all times. In the event a work-related injury should occur, follow the steps that are listed on the card.

Should you have questions concerning workers' compensation or this procedure, please feel free to contact Lori Markins, 740-593-1634. Her office is located in the Human Resources and Training Center. You may also contact CCI direct at 1-800-837-3200. Also for more information see BWC Information.