OHIO Vaccine Registration
Baker University Center Ballroom
October 21, 2021, 1pm- 5pm
October 22, 2021, 9am- 1pm
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses like flu is more important than ever. Vaccination against both flu and coronavirus is essential to reduce your risk of getting the flu or being hospitalized with flu complications, to protect vulnerable populations like the elderly, the immunocompromised and people not yet old enough to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and to help save scarce medical resources needed to care for people with COVID-19.
Registration is now available for the 2021 Flu, Covid and Pneumonia Vaccination Clinic. The Benefits Office is excited to team up with Kroger to offer the following free immunizations to employees covered by the University’s Anthem/CVS Caremark insurance plans. Please register online by 5 p.m. October 19.
- A booster dose is available to those who have received Pfizer as their primary series at least 6 months from their last dose as outlined in the Department of Health letter [PDF] provided to vaccine providers.
- A 3rd Pfizer dose can be provided to those who are immunocompromised and have completed their primary series as either Pfizer or Moderna at least 28 days from their last dose.
NOTE: Anyone getting a 2nd or 3rd dose of a COVID vaccine will need to bring their CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. New cards will be provided to those getting their 1st dose of any COVID vaccine.
Designed to protect against four different flu viruses and recommended for ALL AGES
Has shown to have up to 43% better protection for patients 18 years to 64 years
Has shown to have up to 51% more effectiveness for those 65 years and older
1 routine dose for Adults 65+ years; Adults 19-64 with long-term health problems including but not limited to, a weakened immune system, history of smoking, asthma, COPD, emphysema, or diabetes. (doses must be at least 5 years apart)
Children and Adults age 2 to 64 years with certain health conditions. +; Adults 65+ with long-term health problems including but not limited to, a weakened immune system, history of smoking, asthma, COPD, emphysema, or diabetes (if no history of pneumonia vaccination, dose PCV13 then at least 1 year later dose PPSV23).
Please review the vaccine information below for any vaccination you register to receive at the OHIO Vaccine event.
- COVID-19 Pfizer Fact Sheet for Recipients [PDF]
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine (Inactivated or Recombinant) [PDF]
- Pneumonia (PPSV23) [PDF]
- Pneumonia (PCV13) [PDF]
WHAT TO BRING
To expedite the process of receiving your vaccination(s), wear short sleeves and bring the following with you to the clinic:
- Completed Kroger Vaccine Consent Form [PDF]
- CVS Caremark Prescription Card
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (If receiving a 2nd or 3rd dose of a COVID vaccine)