If you are a pregnant or parenting student, there are student-specific resources and contacts for information and support.


Helpful Offices and Contacts:

Office of the Dean of Students

Ask to speak with the Dean of Students, Associate Dean of Students, or the Coordinator of Parent Outreach and Special Projects. 

Contact the Office of the Dean of Students for more information or with questions about resources that may be available for pregnant students, such as:

  • Residential housing options
  • Meal plan options
  • Student health insurance


Office of Disability Services

ODS has the responsibility of providing services and accommodations for persons with permanent disabilities. In some cases, services may also be coordinated for students with temporary impairments. While pregnancy itself is not considered a temporary disability, should you experience medical complications during your pregnancy (walking restrictions, gestational diabetes, etc.) that create a concern for participating in meeting academic expectations the office may be able to assist.

An appointment should be made with a DS Advisor to discuss necessary medical documentation, your eligibility, and appropriate recommendations or referrals to other campus resources.  


Women's Center
403 Baker University Center


Institutional Equity

Office of the Ombudsman



For academic questions (such as absences and making up work, tutor availability, and financial aid), contact your College's Assistant Dean for Students:

College of Arts and Sciences

College of Business

College of Communication

Patton College of Education & Human Services

Russ College of Engineering and Technology

College of Fine Arts

College of Health Sciences and Professions

Honors Tutorial College

University College

Graduate Students

In addition to contacting the Graduate College with specific questions, you should always work with your committee advisor if you are a master's or PhD student or your program director if you are a professional graduate student. Accommodations for graduate students are based on individual programs and/or funding sources.

Graduate students who are on graduate appointments may take advantage of the Parental Paid Leave Program for Graduate Students. This new policy was recently announced, learn more at:  President Nellis Announces Parental Paid Leave Program for Graduate Students (1.19.18)

Graduate College

Becky Bushey-Miller, Graduate College
220 Research and Technology Center
T: 593-2891; E:

Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine: Student Affairs

Benefits Open Enrollment