To determine if your provider is in the Anthem Blue Cross/ Blue Shield network visit Anthem.com
Find a Doctor and follow the onscreen instructions.
**Type OHP before your identification number. This is Ohio University's alpha prefix.
Accessing Providers Internationally
Learn more about the BlueCard Worldwide® program
Visit https://international.allianzassistance.com/bcbsa/index.asp?page=login, and follow the onscreen instructions.
NOTE: for international claims the provider must be paid up front and the claim sent in for reimbursement .
BlueCard Worldwide® Member Instructions
To obtain medical assistance services:
- Always carry your Blue member identification card.
- In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital. If hospitalized, call the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center at 800-810-BLUE or collect at 1-804-673-1177 to arrange cashless access.
- If you need to locate a doctor or hospital, or need medical assistance services, call the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center at 800-810-BLUE or collect at 1-804-673-1177, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An assistance coordinator in conjunction with a medical professional will arrange a physician appointment or hospitalization, if necessary.
- Call the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center at 1-800-810-2583 or collect at 1-804-673-1177 when you need inpatient care. In most cases, you will not need to pay upfront for inpatient care at BlueCard Worldwide hospitals or providers except for out-of-pocket expenses (non-covered services, deductible, copayment and coinsurance) you normally pay. The hospital or provider should submit the claim on your behalf. In addition to contacting the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center, call your Blue Plan for precertification or preauthorization. Refer to the phone number on the back of your Blue ID card.
- For non-emergency medical care, call the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center at 1-800-810-2583 or collect at 1-804-673-1177 to arrange cashless access to a BlueCard Worldwide hospital or provider.
To file a claim:
- If the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center arranged your hospitalization, the hospital will file the claim for you. You will need to pay the hospital for the out-of-pocket expenses you normally pay.
- For outpatient and doctor care, or inpatient care not arranged through the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center, you will need to pay the healthcare provider and submit a BlueCard Worldwide International claim form with original bills to the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center.
- International claim forms are available from your Blue Plan, the BlueCard Worldwide Service Center or online at www.bluecardworldwide.com.
Travel Resources are provided by Ohio University's Life Insurance company, Dearborn National