Labor (Union) Relations
The Labor Relations team serves as a strategic partner to the employees, supervisors, managers, and administration of Ohio University in all matters related to collective employee groups, union activity, and various collective bargaining agreements. More specifically, the focus of the Labor Relations staff is as follows:
- Oversee labor relations between the University administration and Ohio University’s collective bargaining units, including negotiating, interpreting and administering the various Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to managers, supervisors, and university human resource professionals regarding union activities, labor management matters, and any other matters concerning the collective bargaining agreements
- Cultivate positive and proactive relationships between labor and management through collaborative conflict resolution
- Provide guidance regarding the creation and interpretation of policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) 3200 bargaining unit represents clerical and technical hourly Ohio University employees. The Employee & Labor Relations area is responsible for administering and negotiating the AFSCME 3200 Contract.
- Download the AFSCME 3200 Collective Bargaining Agreement [PDF]
Effective 12:00AM on July 1, 2021 to 11:59PM on June 30, 2024
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) 1699 bargaining unit represents approximately 500 Ohio University employees. The Employee & Labor Relations area is responsible for administering and negotiating the AFSCME 1699 Contract.
- Download the AFSCME 1699 Collective Bargaining Agreement [PDF]
Effective 5:01PM on March 1, 2020 to 5PM on March 1, 2023
- AFSCME 1699 Pay Structure
The Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) union represents approximately 20 Ohio University employees. Employee & Labor Relations area is responsible for administering and negotiating the FOP agreement.
- Download the FOP Agreement [PDF]
Effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021
- Download the FOP Police Lieutenants Agreements [PDF]
Effective July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022
- FOP Pay Structure
Human Resources provides AFSCME and FOP bargaining units with a copy of a seniority list twice each year (AFSCME, March 1 and September 1; FOP, January 1 and July 1) showing the seniority of each employee in the bargaining unit.
Any employee shall have ten working days after this list is posted to question their position on that list. If no question is received within the time period, the list shall be deemed accurate for the remainder of the posting period. If a question is received, the list will be reviewed and revised as appropriate. Please email email@example.com with questions regarding seniority rosters.