The office of University Human Resources (UHR) is a department within the Vice President for Finance and Administration division, and is engaged in providing the Faculty and Staff of Ohio University with a variety of services.UHR offers the following areas of expertise:
- Benefits – medical, vision, dental health plans; life insurance; retirement; EAP
- Compensation – pay plans; job descriptions, audits, and evaluations; performance management
- Employee and Labor Relations – conflict resolution; AFSCME and FOP labor administration and negotiations; policy interpretation; Human Resource statutory compliance issues
- Employment – employment opportunities; posting and recruitment assistance; dual career network; position management; reduction in force processing
- Payroll- process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for all campuses
- Professional Development – training and development; consulting; strategic organizational development
- Workers' Compensation- supports employees who have had an occupational illness or injury
University Human Resources is responsible for the administration and compliance of many state and federal statutes and university policies.As a department, we enjoy the wide diversity of serving a large, complex university community.
We invite you to visit our webpage often for informational updates and educational resources.