- Housing and Residence Life Home
- Move In 2015
- Department Profile
- Contracts & Assignments
- Residence Life
- Residence Halls
- University Apartments
- Guest & Interim Housing
- Planning & Assessment
- Staff Only Processes
- Campus Involvement Center
- Campus Recreation
- Career & Leadership Development Center
- Community Standards & Student Responsibility
- Commuter Student Services
- Conference Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Culinary Services
- Division of Student Affairs
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Health Promotion
- Maintenance (Facilities Management)
- Off-Campus Living
- Office of Information Technology
- Ohio University Police (OUPD)
- Parking Services
- Path to Promise
- Student Health Services
- University Custodial Services
Residence Life is charged with the day-to-day in-hall operations of the Department of Housing and Residence Life. We strive to build inclusive communities within floor sections and halls, guide students in their individual development, facilitate problem and crisis intervention, and help maintain safe and healthy living environments. We are guided by our five programming goals of health and safety, scholarship, student development, citizenship and diversity. To accomplish these goals, Residence Life relies heavily on our in-hall staff of 15 full-time Resident Directors, 13 Graduate Resident Directors and over 250 paraprofessional student staff members.
In an effort to give life to the goals, the central staff creates an annual "theme" that relates in some way to the goals and serves as a symbolic reminder of the purpose of our work. More information on the history of our themes can be found here.
The residential campus and Residence Life staff are divided into three "Greens" (East, South, and West) each with a distinct culture and small-campus atmosphere.
For more information on Residence Life and other services related to our office, please browse the pages located under the 'Residence Life' tab on our site menu.