Ohio University guest housing is currently very limited. At this time we are only able to accommodate Departmental Guest (professors, lecturers, short term faculty, visiting artists, etc.) in the limited space we have available.
For more information about on-campus housing for special weekends (Parent's, Dad's, Mom's Weekend) please our Parents and Family Weekend site here.
Guest Housing Eligibility & Application
All guest and interim housing facilities are subject to Ohio University Policy and Procedure 03.007 - "Guest and Temporary Housing."
Eligibility for Guest / Temporary Housing:
- Applicants must be affiliated with Ohio University in an official capacity (i.e. new employee, visiting professor, university guest, etc).
- Reservations will be accepted no sooner than six (6) months in advance for apartments, guest room reservation dates and length vary based on type of group or individual.
Application Process for VIP Apartments
- All inquires regarding the VIP apartments will be directed to the Department of Housing and Residence Life. Please contact Housing and Residence Life by phone at 740.593.4090 or by email to email@example.com
- We will collect all pertinent information related to the request, such as date and time of arrival, departure date, billing information, etc. and will check for availability.
- Apartments will be rented on a first come, first served basis.
- Guest staying 30 days or longer will be required to sign a lease and provide one month rent as a security deposit.
- Tenants staying less than 30-days will be placed in short term guest housing and will be charged the short-term rental fees with all applicable taxes.
- Department sponsored guests, or university departments requesting one of these apartments, must complete a VIP rental form and include an account number for which charges will be assessed in the event of unpaid rent, damages or cancellation. Department personnel may pick up keys in advance of guest arrival. Lease (if applicable) must be signed one business day after guest arrives on campus.
Guest Housing Regulations
Room occupancy must not exceed limitations on individual room requirements. Individuals exceeding occupancy will be required to secure additional space and / or obtain alternative housing.
B. Damage or Theft
Each guest is responsible for proper care and use of the facility. Any damage or missing items from individual rooms will be billed to the guest or the sponsoring department. Ohio University is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. All individuals are expected to lock their rooms / apartments at all times and to secure personal items.
C. Noise Restrictions
As a courtesy to neighboring rooms and apartments, guests are asked to keep noise to a minimum level. All social activity or meetings should be conducted within the public areas provided throughout the facility.
D. Age Restrictions
No individual under the age of 18 will be permitted to reside within the facility without adult supervision from a parent, counselor or university staff member. Additionally, beds are not available for infants.
E. Use of Alcohol
Alcohol may be permitted in accordance with Policy 24.001, "Use and Sale of Alcoholic Beverages on Ohio University Property and in Fraternity or Sorority Housing Units," and state law. Responsible behavior is expected at all times, and intoxication is never an excuse for inappropriate behavior. Guests may possess or consume alcohol only if they are of legal age to do so, and only in their residence or another residence of another guest who is of legal age. Use is prohibited outdoors, in lounges, meeting or conference rooms or other common places unless a special event has been approved.
F. Fire and Safety
Smoke detectors are located inside of each guest room and apartment. When a fire alarm sounds, all person(s) must vacate the building and re-enter only when authorization has been given by a university official or the Athens Fire Department.
No pets will be permitted at any time. Only service animals will be permitted for those requiring assistance.
All university owned facilities are smoke-free. A damage fee will be assessed to those who choose to violate this policy within any of our facilities.
University guest must contact Transportation and Parking Services to secure a parking pass for their stay.
Dining facilities are available during the academic year. Guests will be able to purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner on a cash basis. Dining hall facilities may have limited services available on weekends or during break periods.
A laundry center is available to all guests.