Search within:

Student Break Housing

Break / Temporary Housing

Break / Temporary Housing is designed to house Ohio University students who need temporary housing accommodations during official University break periods.

Break / Temporary housing is available prior to fall semester move in, during winter break and after spring semester close. Break / Temporary housing charges are added to the student's university account. Meals are at the student's expense as dining halls will not be open.

Who is Eligible for Break / Temporary Housing?

  • Any student registered for courses prior to or after the requested Break / Temporary period and has a binding fall, spring, or summer housing contract.
  • Non-Ohio University students cannot reside in Break / Temporary housing. This includes spouses, partners, etc.


$30 per night or $125 per week or $400 per month. This fee will be automatically charged to your student account after you check out to ensure accurate charges.


Cancellation Policy


Cancellation of reservations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the reservation date. To cancel your reservation, email You will receive an email confirming your cancellation for your records. If notification of cancellation is not received 72 hours prior to reservation date, your student account may be billed for the original reservation dates.

How do I make a reservation?

  • Visit:
  • Select the appropriate application from the 'Contract & Applications' Tab
  • Answer the questions associated with the application
  • Hit submit
  • Confirm submission of your Break / Temporary application by receipt of the email confirmation to your OHIO email account

Additional Questions

For international student questions unrelated to housing please visit

Any questions about Break / Temporary Housing, please email or call 740-593-4090.

Break /Temporary housing applications are available on Housing Self-Service at least one month before the scheduled break period.