College staff continue to monitor the college phone line and e-mail account at 740.593.2723 and email@example.com. Current students are also welcome to join college staff in office hours via Microsoft Teams. Invitations were provided via e-mail.
Honors Tutorial College Coronavirus Response
The Honors Tutorial College takes the safety of our students, faculty, and staff seriously. While we sincerely miss seeing each other in person, we will be innovative and flexible as we work together to continue providing a world-class education during the coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic. The following information is intended for all students served by the Honors Tutorial College, including those in the OHIO Honors Program, tutorial degree programs, Cutler Scholars Program, and pursuing opportunities through the Office of Nationally Competitive Awards. Please check this page and your e-mail for regular updates.
Visit Ohio University's Coronavirus Response webpage for the most up-to-date information, including frequently asked questions and an archive of all university-wide communication.
Tutorial Program Updates
- All HTC Tutorial Program students are invited to virtual office hours via Microsoft Teams with Dean Donal Skinner, Associate Dean Beth Novak, and Assistant Dean Breanne Sisler twice weekly. This is an informal forum for students to ask questions, verify information, listen in, and connect with each other. Official invites were shared with all students via e-mail. If you've misplaced the e-mail or are having issues joining a chat, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Junior Thesis Meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 19, will be rescheduled to a virtual meeting sometime the week of March 22. Details will be shared with juniors via e-mail.
HTC Tutorial Programs Coronavirus FAQ
OHIO Honors Program Updates
- All OHP students are invited to virtual office hours via Microsoft Teams with Interim Director Christy Zempter. She will be available for instant messaging, phone and video chat each weekday from 4 to 5 p.m. for the rest of the semester. In addition, OHP advisors and faculty for OHP classes will be contacting students directly with information about online advising, the transition of courses to an online environment, and their virtual office hours for the rest of the semester.
- If you have problems accessing the online resources available through OHP or are experiencing other challenges associated with this transition, please contact your OHP advisor:
OHIO Honors Program Coronavirus FAQ
Cutler Scholars Program Updates
- Interim Director Kristine Hoke is available for questions at email@example.com.
Cutler Scholars Coronavirus FAQ
Office of Nationally Competitive Awards Updates
- ONCA's Spring 2020 workshops and advising events will take place remotely rather than face to face. Please e-mail ONCA Director Chris Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these online events, which will share information about the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, the Marshall Scholarship, and the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, among others.
- ONCA's end-of-the-year applicant recognition celebration also has been cancelled. We will share information soon about an alternative way to recognize our incredible applicants and their faculty and staff supporters.
ONCA Coronavirus FAQ
Cancelled/Postponed HTC Events
- Cutler Scholars Mentor Dinner
- ONCA Applicant Celebration
- HTC Tutorial Programs Senior Celebration
- Commencement (postponed university-wide; more details to come)
- OHIO Honors and Scholars Day
Counseling and Psychological Services
Contact CPS at any time by calling 740.593.1616. Limited drop-in appointments are available on site. More information is available on the CPS website.
Cats' Cupboard Food Pantry
Cats' Cupboard is open during Baker University Center hours.