Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to also visit the Graduate College's FAQ website.
1. Where is GSS located?
The Graduate Student Senate office is located in 305B Baker Center.
2. How do I become involved with Graduate Student Senate?
Check out our Join GSS page!
3. Where is the Graduate College located?
The Graduate College is located in the Research and Technology Center (map).
4. I have a complaint that I want to voice. Who should I talk to about it?
We suggest first contacting the GSS Department Representative for your academic department. You could also contact your college Senator. A listing of their contact information is available by clicking on "Your Representatives" on the left. You may also email GSS directly at email@example.com, or call the GSS Office (305B Baker Center) at 740-593-1899.
5. Where can I find out information about graduate student events on campus?
GSS hosts events throughout the year. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Various graduate student organizations also sponsor activities. Their websites can be found by following the "Graduate Orgs" link on the left. You should also check out the OU Calendar of Events, and follow GSS on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for regular updates!
6. I think I may need a lawyer for a problem I faced as a student. Who should I contact?
There are many local attorneys in Athens. However, the Center for Student Legal Services provides a variety of legal services to students for a fee of $8 per semester.