Translational Biomedical Sciences
|Bachelor’s Required||A bachelor’s/master’s degree in a relevant discipline|
Entrance Examinations Required/Recommended
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE)||No*|
|Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)||No|
|Miller Analogies Test (MAT)||No|
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE test scores are currently optional. Any scores submitted must be official.
English Language Testing
Non-native speakers of English must meet Graduate College minimum proficiency requirements.
|Resume or Vitae Required||Yes|
|Number of Letters of Recommendations||3|
Prospective students must provide:
- Transcripts of all previous academic work
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation. The letters should be from individuals that can speak to your academic and research abilities.
- A Resume/CV
- A personal statement that addresses the following areas:
- Future career goals and how the Translational Biomedical Sciences program would help you meet those goals
- Expected research interest while in the program
- How your goals and research fit within the interdisciplinary nature of translational biomedical sciences
- An essay detailing previous research experience and describing your current research interests. Indicate potential mentors among the faculty at Ohio University. Note that the interdisciplinary dimension of the TBS doctoral program requires you to identify at least two mentors from two different disciplines.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GRE test scores are currently optional. Any scores submitted must be official.
International students whose native language or academic language of instruction is not English must meet the University English language proficiency requirements as stated in the Graduate Catalog.
Individuals wishing to apply for admission effective Fall must have ALL materials submitted by January 1.
Questions should be addressed to the Translational Biomedical Sciences office:
(740) 593-9791 or TBS@ohio.edu