Newly Admitted Students

Congratulations on your admission to Ohio University! You have taken the first step to joining this historic and vibrant academic community. The information on this site is a guide to beginning your journey as an OHIO graduate student. 

Activating your OHIO ID

A student OHIO ID is ordinarily the initials of your first and last names plus six digits and "".

If you have not yet done so, activate your OHIO ID and create a password online at You will need your personal identification number (PID) and birth date to complete this activation.  Please remember to record this PID where you can locate it easily in the future, as you will be asked to provide it when interacting with university offices or departments.

Logging/Signing in to your MyOHIO Portal

After activating your OHIO ID, access your MyOHIO Portal by following the steps listed below.

  1. Go to the MyOHIO Portal at and sign in (found in the upper right hand corner, note image below) using your activated OHIO ID (i.e., and password.
    MyOHIO Portal
  2. Accessing MyOHIO Student Center: On the MyOHIO Academics tab, click on the MyOHIO Student Center link. You will be presented with a second log in page for OHIO University PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Log in again using your OHIO ID and password. If you receive an error message that begins with “You are not authorized for this page…” please access the system through a different web browser.
  3. Your MyOHIO Student Center has a To Do list which includes items that require your attention. Click on Details, and in the subsequent view, click on the item to read additional information about that item.

If you experience technical difficulties, please contact Ohio University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) Service Desk at 740.593.1222 or for online access features click here.

Information on MyOHIO Student Center

Accept your admission offer You can accept your admission offer on your MyOHIO Student Center. You will need your OHIO ID and password to accept your admission offer.
Holds and To Do List Click on the item on the list for details about the hold or to do item, including which office placed it and what must be done to clear it. Some holds prevent registration until the hold is removed. The Hold item "Conditional/Provisional Admission" does not block registration.
Conditional/Provisional Admission 

Upon an offer of admission, all students are required to provide an official transcript from each institution where the student has earned a bachelor's degree and any post-bachelor's degree. The transcript must show the degree and date it was earned.

Students who are not able to submit an official transcript showing the degree conferred must submit an official transcript showing all grades earned to date, plus an enrollment letter that includes the following:

  1. Confirmation of the expected degree conferral date. 
  2. Be on official university letterhead from the college/university registrar or other academic official who is able to confirm completion of degree requirements.

Once the degree has been conferred, you must submit an official transcript showing the degree and date earned. The final transcript must be submitted to the Graduate College prior to the end of your first term of enrollment. You are not permitted to enroll for a second term until the final/official transcript has been received.

If you will not complete your degree on schedule, contact the Graduate College for directions.

Submitting official degree transcripts and documents

Advisor  Advisors are assigned by the academic department after an admission offer is made. If no advisor is listed, refer academic and registration questions to the graduate director in your academic department.

Additional Resources

Getting to Athens - Airports

Graduate Assistantships/Appointments

Graduate Student Orientation (GSO)

International Students

Links about the Athens area

Local Media

Registration Information

Tuition & Fees

  • Residency for Tuition Purposes

    • All admitted students are notified in their admission letter about their status as an Ohio resident for tuition purposes. If you believe you are incorrectly classified, contact the Graduate College for assistance. Petitions to change from non-resident status must be initiated before the start of the term in which you are seeking the change.

  • Health Insurance

Student Accessibility Services

Student Code of Conduct

Veteran & Military Student Services