Thesis and Dissertation (TAD) Services
Welcome! The Office of Thesis and Dissertation Services is here to assist masters and doctoral students in the final steps of degree completion as they prepare their formal, written documents for publication.
The following documents provide guidance through the TAD process:
The video below describes the TAD Process and covers the basic process from approval of the thesis or dissertation proposal to graduation.
|Forms and Templates||Training and Troubleshooting||Publishing, Copyright and Plagiarism Prevention|
Whom we serve:
For many advanced degrees at Ohio University, the master's thesis or doctoral dissertation is a requirement. Nearly the entire TAD process can be completed online. This website houses all of the resources needed to meet Ohio University's publication requirements and complete the final steps before graduation.
Students completing their degrees through research papers or other capstone projects may not be bound to the deadlines and guidelines on this site. If there are any questions, please verify deadlines and requirements with your department or college. TAD Services is unable to assist students completing research papers or projects with formatting or technical issues.
Writing Resources for Ohio University Students
- Ohio Program of Intensive English
- ESL Writing Tools
- The Center for Writing Excellence (CWE)
- Graduate Writing & Research Center
Online Research Databases
- Alden Library: Databases available by area of study
- OhioLINK: Ohio online theses and dissertations
- ProQuest: US and international theses and dissertations, with full text available for Ohio University manuscripts
- Networked Digital Libraries of Theses and Dissertations: Worldwide access to online theses and dissertations
- Apply for graduation by the published deadline.
- Be enrolled in thesis (6950) or dissertation (8950) hours.
- Complete all other course requirements.
- Earn an accumulated GPA of at least 3.0.
- Meet all TAD deadlines for format reviews, publication, and form submission.
For technical assistance or questions regarding formatting or graduation requirements:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-597-2770
Submit documents and forms to:
- Documents too large for e-mail attachment (larger than 50MB) can be submitted via Microsoft OneDrive by sharing the file with TADOneDrive@catmail.ohio.edu.
- Log into https://onedrive.ohio.edu with your Ohio ID, upload your file, and follow the share instructions for OneDrive – Business on Microsoft’s website starting at step 2.
- All current students have access to Microsoft OneDrive through their Ohio ID. Please contact the IT Service Desk if there are any issues.
- Microsoft OneDrive help resources are available on the Ohio Information Technology website.