Graduate Appointments (GAs), Research Assistants (RAs),
and Teaching Assistants (TAs)
Graduate appointments are awarded by individual schools, academic departments, or other administrative offices. Graduate appointments provide a stipend for services as prescribed by the individual school, department, or office and may include a tuition scholarship.
- Apply for available department/school graduate appointments by indicating your interest in the departmental funding section of your admission application.
- Department/school assistantships are granted on the basis of scholarly merit.
- In addition, a list of advertised appointments is available below.
- Appointments are classified as graduate, research, and teaching assistantships (GA, RA, TA)
- Please be sure to read and understand all policies before accepting an appointment: Graduate Appointment Policies
- Complete appropriate employment forms
- The awarding of Graduate/Research/Teaching Assistants is administered by the Department or College offering the position. The Graduate College is NOT involved in the hiring process.
- Stipend payslips may be accessed at http://www.ohio.edu/ebiz/myhr.html
- Click My Personal Information.
- Enter your Ohio ID and password and click Login.
- You will be redirected to a page with access to all of your employee information.
- Student are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support prior to April 15; Earlier deadlines violate the intent of this Resolution.
- In those instances in which a student accepts an offer before April 15, and subsequently desires to withdraw that acceptance, the student may submit in writing a resignation of the appointment at any time through April 15.
- An acceptance given of left in force after April 15 commits the student not to accept another offer without first obtaining a written release from the institution to which the commitment has been made.
- Similarly, an offer by an institution after April 15 is conditional on presentation by the student of the written release from any previously accepted offer.
Please note, if you decide not to accept an offer, we ask that you notify the department at your earliest convenience so an offer can be extended to another qualified individual.
The following Graduate Assistant positions are currently available:
- Student Weekend Graduate Assistant-Library Reference.
Posting close date = 8/18/2015 http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/15527
- African-American Studies department is hiring a student graduate assistant.
Posting close date = 09/15/2015. http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/15503
- Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine is hiring a Graduate Assistant -
Medical Education & Assessment. Posting close date = 09/30/2015.
- Ohio University is hiring a Graduate Assistant for Assessment.
Posting close date = 09/02/2015 http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/15229
- The OHIO Patton College of Education Office of Clinical Experiences is looking for a Graduate Assistant* for the 2015-16 academic year. This position will assist the Director of Clinical Experiences with the following duties: Entering data; Producing reports; Contacting school districts; Creating Excel spreadsheets and graphs; and Revising documents. *The student must be in a graduate program in The Patton College of Education. Interested applicants should send an email to Maureen Coon, Assistant Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest and ability to perform the duties mentioned above.
There are no additional graduate, research or teaching assistant positions available through the Graduate College at this time, however, please investigate the student employment opportunities available from the Ohio University Career Site.