Graduate appointments are awarded by individual schools, academic departments, or other administrative offices. Graduate appointments provide a stipend for services as prescribed by the individual school, department, or office and may include a tuition scholarship.
- Apply for available department/school graduate appointments by indicating your interest in the departmental funding section of your admission application.
- Department/school assistantships are granted on the basis of scholarly merit.
- In addition, a list of advertised appointments is available below.
- Appointments are classified as graduate, research, and teaching assistantships (GA, RA, TA)
- Please be sure to read and understand all policies before accepting an appointment: Graduate Appointment Policies
- Complete appropriate employment forms
- The awarding of Graduate/Research/Teaching Assistants is administered by the Department or College offering the position. The Graduate College is NOT involved in the hiring process.
- Stipend payslips may be accessed at http://www.ohio.edu/ebiz/myhr.html
- Click My Personal Information.
- Enter your Ohio ID and password and click Login.
- You will be redirected to a page with access to all of your employee information.
Graduate, Research and Teaching Assistantships (GA, RA, TA):
School of Nursing
The Graduate Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the School of Nursing Director. Primary duties will include:
- Participate in on-going assessment of projects and programs, including data collection and reporting
- Assist the Director with day-to-day operations and executing planning initiatives
- Assist the Director with library research and assistance with research grant procurement and performance as it pertains to the School of Nursing
- Additional duties as assigned
- Applicants should be knowledgeable, either through coursework or direct work experience, in library specific modalities of research
- Applicant should be knowledgeable about statistical calculations as it applies to academic research
- Applicants should be knowledgeable about diverse student populations.
- Applicants should be creative and independent, work well in a team environment and be deadline driven.
- Applicants should have excellent verbal, written, and virtual communication skills.
- Familiarity with nursing education processes.
- Experience in Epidemiology research.
- Familiarity with Excel.
The Assistantship is for 20hrs/week, some occasional evening and weekend hours are required. It will be for:Fall and Spring 2016-17.
Contact: Lauren Dick, email@example.com
The Ohio University School of Nursing is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant for the 2016/2017 academic year. This position includes a competitive Fall and Spring Semester stipend. The majority of our Graduate Assistants have been able to receive a tuition waiver from their academic departments as well. We will assist you with this process.
The School of Nursing is proud to be the home for some of the fastest growing programs in the College of Health Sciences and Professions. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is the only Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited four-year program in southeast Ohio, serving to upgrade Appalachian Ohio health services. We offer innovative and accessible programs including online RN to BSN and online MSN degrees.
The Ohio University School of Nursing provides accessible state-of-the-discipline undergraduate and graduate nursing education. The School focuses on fostering preservation, promotion, and restoration of health in the global community. Our graduates are highly competent practitioners, leaders, and scholars who are grounded in a sense of inquiry and committed to human caring within a climate of diversity.
The initial application deadline is April 27, 2016. To apply please send a letter of application that outlines applicant’s qualification for this position, a resume, and list of three references. Applicants have to be admitted into a degree-granting graduate program.
There are no additional graduate, research or teaching assistantships available through the Graduate College at this time, however, please investigate the student employment opportunities available from the Ohio University Career Site.