Graduate appointments are awarded by individual schools, academic departments, or other administrative offices. Graduate appointments provide a stipend for services as prescribed by the individual school, department, or office and may include a tuition scholarship.
- Apply for available department/school graduate appointments by indicating your interest in the departmental funding section of your admission application. Some programs also require a separate GA/RA/TA application. Review the program's website to see if that applies to the program to which you are applying.
- Department/school assistantships are granted on the basis of scholarly merit.
- In addition, a list of advertised appointments is available below.
- Appointments are classified as graduate, research, and teaching assistantships (GA, RA, TA)
- The awarding of Graduate/Research/Teaching Assistantships is administered by the Department or College offering the position. The Graduate College is NOT involved in the hiring process.
If you have been offered a Graduate Appointment, review the information below and complete all required tasks.
- Ohio University abides by the Council of Graduate Schools Resolultion Regarding Graduate Scholars, Fellows, Trainees, and Assistants. When you accept an offer of funding for the next academic year, you and the graduate program are entering into an obligation that both are expected to honor. Students are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support prior to April 15. Withdrawing an acceptance of financial support after April 15 commits the student to obtain a written release from the program before accepting an offer from a different program or institution. Refer to the Resolution for additional conditions affecting funding offers.
- Please be sure to read and understand all Graduate Appointment Policies before accepting an appointment
- Complete appropriate employment forms
- Students with an F-1 visa who are offered a Graduate Appointment and do not have a US Social Security number (SSN) must apply for one after arrival on campus. Additional information is available through International Student and Faculty Services.
- Stipend payslips may be accessed at http://www.ohio.edu/ebiz/myhr.html
- Click My Personal Information.
- Enter your Ohio ID and password and click Login.
- You will be redirected to a page with access to all of your employee information.
Graduate, Research and Teaching Assistantships - Accepting Applications:
School of Nursing
The Ohio University School of Nursing announces a Fall/Spring gradaute appointment offering. The Graduate Assistant will be a member of the School of Nursing technology team. The primary responsibilities for the Graduate Assistant are to assist the instructional designer and the IT support specialist with online course copy process and course design process.
Some of the responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with Qualtrics survey creation
- Assist with Zoom conference meetings
- Assist with graduate student technology orientation
- Respond to School of Nursing faculty and staff technology concerns
- Trouble shooting computer issues (e.g., connecting printers, browser issues etc.)
- All other duties as assigned
Graduate Assistants are expected to work a total of 15 hours per week. Must be available to participate in staff orientation and training during the two weeks prior to the opening of fall semester.
Questions regarding the job responsibilities should be directed to: Briju Thankachan, Instructional Designer, at 740-593-4434, or e-mail at email@example.com
To apply, please submit your resume and a list of professional references to: Erin Fraunfelter @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
If selected, you will be asked to complete the following:
- A personal interview with the School of Nursing instructional designer, IT support specialist, and other School of Nursing representatives.
- A practical test for your skill and capabilities to perform an assigned task (e.g., copying HTML items and creating links in Blackboard course, basic computer knowledge, hardware identification, dual monitor configuration etc.)
There are no additional graduate, research or teaching assistantships listed with the Graduate College at this time. Other student employment opportunities may be available on the Ohio University Career Site.