Change of Term/Deferral Requests


Your application is good for the program and term for which it was submitted, and an admission offer is good for the term of admission. If you need to change your application term, admission term, or the program on your application you must submit a new application form.

Please send an e-mail to with "Change of Term Request" in the subject line and your name and PID number in the body of the e-mail. Instructions for submitting your new application will be sent within two to five business days.


Processing Fee (effective December 1, 2016)

Changing application or admission term within same program $10
Changing delivery of program (on-line to campus, or campus to on-line) $10
Changing program and/or degree $25


A change in the start term of your admission may result in modification to or removal of any graduate appointment or other departmental funding offer. Please consult with your academic program regarding the potential ramifications of requesting a change of admission term.


(coming soon) Click here for step-by-step instructions for submitting a change of term/change of program application