CIS Abroad in Japan
On This Page:
Art (Visual, Fine, and Performing)
Communication, Journalism, and Media
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
Humanities and Social Sciences
Language and Area Studies
CIS Abroad Overview
CIS Abroad is a study abroad organization offering semester, summer, teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) and internship programs to university students across the world. OHIO students can meet with our full-time advisors on campus in the OHIO Office of Global Opportunities to learn more about the CIS Abroad application and program options.
View program details and application information at CISAbroad.com
Programs in Japan
For a small island country, Japan offers a fascinating combination of old and new - from modern skyscraper-strewn cities to traditional temples and remote villages where life looks much like it did centuries ago. Immerse yourself in Japanese culture and language through a study abroad program that will place you alongside local students while supporting you and providing fun group activities.
- Intern in Japan
- Summer in Tokyo - Seisen University
- Summer in Tokyo - J. F. Oberlin University
- Summer Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) in Tokyo
- Summer in Asia: Japan & South Korea
How do I apply?
Prior to applying directly to the program through CIS Abroad, the Office of Global Opportunities recommends that all students complete the mandatory OHIO Foreign Study Checklist (FSC). The FSC helps students determine how credits from abroad will transfer, the total cost of their program, how they can apply financial and scholarships, and outlines health and safety resources.
Start the FSC by setting up an appointment with Ellie Koewler, CIS Abroad Advisor in the OHIO Office of Global Opportunities by clicking here.
When you are ready to apply to the program, visit CISabroad.com to start your application and pay the $90 deposit before the advertised program application deadline.
Funding Your Program
- CIS Abroad is affiliated with Ohio University, meaning OHIO students can apply their full financial and scholarship package toward program costs during eligible terms.
- More information on financial aid and scholarships can be found on OGO funding pages.
- All OHIO students receive $500 off any CIS Abroad Semester program or $250 off any CIS Abroad Summer, Intern or TEFL program
- CIS Abroad also offers scholarships and grants - visit this site to learn more.