On This Page:
- Affiliate Provider
- Art (Visual, Fine, and Performing)
- Communication, Journalism, and Media
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Area Studies
- Leadership and Community Engagement
- Sustainability, Food, and Environment
- Field Work
- Gen Ed
- Language Immersion
- Service Learning
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Academic Year
For More Information:
CIS Abroad Website
Office of Global Opportunities
CIS Abroad is a study abroad organization offering semester, summer, teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) and internship programs to university students across the world. OHIO students can meet with our full-time advisors on campus in the OHIO Office of Global Opportunities to learn more about the CIS Abroad application and program options.
View program details and application information at CISAbroad.com
- Apply your full OHIO financial aid and scholarships package during eligible terms
- Receive pre-approved transfer credit - coursework available for all majors!
- There are four semester-long CIS Abroad programs that have total costs less than an in state semester at OHIO: Costa Rica, Czech Republic, South Korea, and Thailand!
- All OHIO students receive $500 off any semester program fee and $250 off any summer or intern program.
Study Away and COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, participation in study away and abroad involves real and potential personal, financial, and academic risk. The CDC advises that you should delay travel until you are vaccinated. Note that entry to some countries and participation in local program and free-time activities, including in the U.S., may be severely restricted or potentially unavailable to unvaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated travelers should additionally expect to incur extra expenses and onsite logistical challenges due to onsite testing requirements. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Argentina - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Australia - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Costa Rica - Semester, Summer
- Czech Republic - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Ecuador - Semester, Summer, Intern & TEFL
- England - Semester, Summer, Intern
- France - Semester & Summer
- Greece - Semester & Summer
- Ireland - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Italy - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Japan - Semester, Summer & TEFL
- Multi-Country - Summer
- New Zealand - Semester & Intern
- Peru - Summer
- Scotland - Semester & Summer
- South Africa - Semester, Summer & Intern
- South Korea - Semester & Summer
- Spain - Semester, Summer & Intern
- Thailand - Semester, Summer, Intern & TEFL
- Vietnam - Semester, Summer & Intern
How do I apply?
Prior to applying directly to the program through CIS Abroad, the Office of Global Opportunities recommends that all students complete mandatory OHIO paperwork for transfer credit programs. This paperwork is called the Foreign Study Checklist (FSC). By completing the FSC first, students will have a better sense of how the CIS Abroad program will affect their progress towards degree completion and their financial aid.
Please review the suggested application steps on the types of programs - affiliated provider program page.
More information on financial aid and scholarships can be found on our funding pages. Remember to apply for scholarships through the program provider!