OGO Merit Scholarship
Office of Global Opportunities (OGO) Merit Scholarship can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be an undergraduate OHIO student
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- US citizens, permanent residents and international undergraduate OHIO students are encouraged to apply.
Preference is given to students, who have not had previous study away experience (Domestic and International programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Personal Statement - At the end of the application, you will need to upload a personal statement. The instructions for that essay are as follows: Tell us about yourself, explain your reasons for wishing to participate in a global program, and outline how you will incorporate your global experience into your degree program and future education or career. Max. 500 words. You must be prepared to upload your essay at the time of application submission.
- DARS Report - Utilized for review of academic performance. Please be prepared to upload this document.
- One academic reference (NOT a letter of recommendation – reference may or may not be contacted, depending on competitiveness of the applicant pool).
- Program Cost Estimate - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You can find a sample cost estimate worksheet here: https://goo.gl/jsZZvZ. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
In order to be considered for this award, all of these items must be included in the application.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs and range from $500- $1000. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
Application deadline for summer 2020, fall semester 2020, and academic year 2020-21 programs:
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2019-20:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.