OGO Merit Scholarship
Office of Global Opportunities (OGO) Merit Scholarship can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, virtual experiences and other approved credit-bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be an undergraduate OHIO student
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- US citizens, permanent residents and international undergraduate OHIO students are encouraged to apply.
Preference is given to students, who have not had previous study away experience (Domestic and International programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- DARS Report - Utilized for review of academic performance. Please be prepared to upload this document.
- One Reference - In the application, you will need to provide the contact information for one reference. This reference is not required to write a letter of recommendation, but the reference may or may not be contacted, depending on competitiveness of the applicant pool.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://bit.ly/budgetcreationform. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs and range from $500- $1000. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
Application deadline for summer 2021, fall semester 2021, or academic year 2021-22 programs.
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm April 15, 2021. Funds will be awarded funds on a rolling basis, as applications are reviewed each week.
Application deadline for winter break, spring semester & spring break programs 2019-20:
- October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm.
The OGO Merit Scholarship is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com or schedule a drop in appointment here.