OGO Diversity Travel Award
Office of Global Opportunities Study Away Diversity Travel Award can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit - bearing study away programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time, degree-seeking student
- HCOM students must be participating on an OHIO-sponsored program or an approved independent international rotation.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident alien.
Preference is given to students who have not had previous study away experience (Domestic and International programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
*Note this application must be completed in one login session. Your changes will not be saved if you log out before you submit. Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Personal Essay - The essay should answer the following two questions, 1 page per question, double-spaced. Please tell us:
- How do you identify as someone from a diverse background and how will that perspective influence your study away experience (either domestically or globally)?
- What do you hope to take away from your experience? How do you expect to grow and develop during your program?
- You must be prepared to upload your essay at the time of application submission.
- One reference - You are also required to submit a letter of reference from someone who knows you personally, professionally, or academically (not a friend or relative), speaking to how you will benefit from your chosen international experience. Your reference should submit their letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required reference letter is received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the deadline
- Program Cost Estimate - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You can find a sample cost estimate worksheet here: https://goo.gl/jsZZvZ. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
The Office of Global Opportunities must receive all of the above items in order to consider your application.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs, successful applicants will receive up to $1000. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
Application deadline for winter break, spring break and spring semester 2019-20:
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 11:59pm
Application deadline for summer and fall programs 2020:
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 11:59pm