OGO Diversity Travel Award
Office of Global Opportunities Study Away Diversity Travel Award can be used for participation on OHIO Domestic programs, OHIO International programs, and other approved credit - bearing study away and virtual programs. Please reach out to OGO to make sure your program is eligible for awards.
- Must be enrolled at Ohio University as a full-time, degree-seeking student
- HCOM students must be participating on an OHIO-sponsored program or an approved independent international rotation.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident alien.
Preference is given to students who have not had previous study away experience (Domestic and International programs) at the college level. Previous recipients of funding from the Office of Global Opportunities will only be considered if funds remain after all other applicants are considered.
Read the instructions carefully to make sure you have the required information and materials before you proceed.
- Short Essay Prompts - All Applicants
- Tell us about yourself (This is a chance for the scholarship committee to get to know you. You may want to identify how you fit the scholarship criteria).
- Describe your prospective global experience (study, intern, volunteer, or research experience on site or virtually) and what factors led you to select this opportunity and the length of the experience.
- Why do you want to participate on your selected global experience (Please consider the following questions: what do you hope to gain, how does your experience fit into your future academic and professional plans, how will your experience allow you to share your experience with the OHIO community and/or the world)
- Short Essay Prompts - Diversity Travel Award applicants
- Why do you identify as someone from a diverse background?
- One reference - You are also required to submit a letter of reference from someone who knows you personally, professionally, or academically (not a friend or relative), speaking to how you will benefit from your chosen international experience. Please download the OGO Scholarship Reference Guide and include it in your email to your reference, as it containing helpful information for your reference writer. Your reference should submit their letter via email to: email@example.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required reference letter is received by the Office of Global Opportunities by the deadline.
- Estimated Program Cost - You are also required to submit a cost estimate for your intended program. You may upload a Student Budget Worksheet from your OHIO study away program or estimated costs from a provider program. Alternatively you can download the OGO Budget creation form here: https://bit.ly/budgetcreationform. If you have any questions about this requirement please contact the Office of Global Opportunities to work with an advisor.
For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here.
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with global opportunity programs, successful applicants will receive up to $1000. The award will be directly applied to students' OHIO accounts during the term in which the awardee is scheduled to travel. Award amount may vary and may not exceed combined program fee and estimated out of pocket costs.
- Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Academic Year 2021-2022 Programs
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59pm April 15, 2021. Funds will be awarded funds on a rolling basis, as applications are reviewed each week.
- Winter Break, Spring Semester, and Spring Break Programs: October 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (application to open August/Sept)
The OGO Diversity Travel Award is now part of the OGO Common Application for scholarships. Through the common application, OHIO students will be able to apply for multiple scholarships in one place. For an overview of the questions in the application system, please click here. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a drop in appointment here.